Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Who are you for in the US presidential elections???
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Who would you vote for to be President of the US if the election was today?
Clinton  
 25%  [ 40 ]
Sanders  
 12%  [ 20 ]
Trump  
 42%  [ 68 ]
Other  
 20%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 160

November

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 6:03 pm
I'm excited to vote for Trump. I'm so glad there won't be a contested convention. I want to see him shake things up in DC. Yes he's a wild card. That could be a very good thing.

IMHopinion

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:26 pm
How are women here voting for Sanders despite his views on Israel?
Did you not hear his speech against Israel?
Did you hear it but it didn't bother you?
Or does it not matter enough to you to be a deciding factor?
I'm really wondering about it and would appreciate if someone can explain?

marina

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:35 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Marina , I love you
But based on years and years of your posts, I'm not convinced you are the most pro-israel candidate

But I say it like it is! And I don't worry about being PC! And I don't care what anyone else thinks! Isn't that enough?

marina

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:36 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
How are women here voting for Sanders despite his views on Israel?
Did you not hear his speech against Israel?
Did you hear it but it didn't bother you?
Or does it not matter enough to you to be a deciding factor?
I'm really wondering about it and would appreciate if someone can explain?

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....ight=

treestump

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 9:44 pm
marina wrote:
But I say it like it is! And I don't worry about being PC! And I don't care what anyone else thinks! Isn't that enough?

Marina, I hate to break it to you, but...

(deep breath. okay, this is hard.)

It's just that you don't look... presidential enough. You don't have a orange spray tan. You don't have poufy blonde bangs cascading into your orange face. That beard of yours... It's too proper, it's like all those establishment losers!

So, I'm sorry... but I don't think it'll happen for you.

(flees stadium before audience and guards can beat and pepper spray me.)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 10:50 pm
Has anyone here ever read the book The Kid Who Ran for President (Dan Gutman)? I own it (got it as a child, and my son just found it in my parents' house). There is this part where he says he will ban homework, and when questioned how he would have the authority to make such a rule, he has the guy threatened and beat up IIRC.

Coffee Addict

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 11:21 pm
treestump wrote:

It's just that you don't look... presidential enough. You don't have a orange spray tan. You don't have poufy blonde bangs cascading into your orange face. That beard of yours... It's too proper, it's like all those establishment losers!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

seeker

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 2:00 am
"Other" depends who the other could be and whether they have any real chance. "Other" certainly sounds nice but realistically speaking I don't know what it means. Unless there is a reasonable and viable "other" in the running, I never thought I would be caught saying this, but I think Hilary is the strongest choice of the current candidates. I strongly dislike her but she seems to have the highest level of intelligence and diplomacy from these 3. I agree that diplomacy and political correctness are overrated, but I don't think overrated means exactly the same as unnecessary, as Trump and his fans do. Clinton worries me, she has done some very questionable things in her political career, way too chummy with people who want to harm Israel and Jews, and overall just gives the impression of being a cold-blooded snake, but unbelievably I actually think she may be our best chance.

leah233

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 11:22 am
A write in vote for "Other" is just a protest vote. How often does anyone win a write in?But the option is there for those who don't want either candidate to have their voice heard.

Being that there is no way I'm voting for Hillary or Trump I'll write in someone else . I know that person will lose.

nylon

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 12:18 pm
Hillary. No question.

I'm voting for president of the United States, not prime minister of israel. So I cannot vote for someone because they "support Israel" when I hate everything else they say. You can have an opinion on Israel that cancels out everything good you have to say (I don't care how much the quizzes say I agree with Jill Stein, I will never vote Green) but you can't put a silk dress on a pig. Frankly the entire Republican party is out at this point.

When it comes down to it I believe the American position on Israel is severely constrained right now, between Congress and external factors. I never liked that Netanyahu tried to paint Obama as being solely at fault for their difficult relationship. Right now it feels like "supportive of Israel" means "uncritical approval" which is not how I think the US should behave and in practice the president can't act that way. Plus, what if the next PM came from the left, would it be the same expectation? Sanders' position on Israel is the least of it, I like some of his ideas but I have other problems with him. He comes up with big ideas and doesn't think the details through. Hillary is cautious because she is a details person and I like that. Is she the person I would pick in an ideal world? Maybe not but she is definitely the most competent person on offer.

Trump is a buffoon who couldn't let go of the birth certificate issue and his business skills aren't all that, either. At least Mitt Romney was genuinely successful.

Blue jay

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 12:54 pm
nylon wrote:
Hillary. No question.

I'm voting for president of the United States, not prime minister of israel. So I cannot vote for someone because they "support Israel" when I hate everything else they say. You can have an opinion on Israel that cancels out everything good you have to say (I don't care how much the quizzes say I agree with Jill Stein, I will never vote Green) but you can't put a silk dress on a pig. Frankly the entire Republican party is out at this point.

When it comes down to it I believe the American position on Israel is severely constrained right now, between Congress and external factors. I never liked that Netanyahu tried to paint Obama as being solely at fault for their difficult relationship. Right now it feels like "supportive of Israel" means "uncritical approval" which is not how I think the US should behave and in practice the president can't act that way. Plus, what if the next PM came from the left, would it be the same expectation? Sanders' position on Israel is the least of it, I like some of his ideas but I have other problems with him. He comes up with big ideas and doesn't think the details through. Hillary is cautious because she is a details person and I like that. Is she the person I would pick in an ideal world? Maybe not but she is definitely the most competent person on offer.

Trump is a buffoon who couldn't let go of the birth certificate issue and his business skills aren't all that, either. At least Mitt Romney was genuinely successful.

Although, I dont agree entirely with your view I do respect your answer because it is very enlightening. Originally, I supported Cruz. Right now I am undecided and will be reading ALOT about the canditdates before I cast my vote. Thank you for your honest perspective.

happybeingamom

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 1:07 pm
I don't think Clinton is such a great candidate as Sanders is still winning some primaries. My dream is that the Democratic Party somehow will come up with another candidate at the convention. Maybe Joe Biden will step in, I wonder if he is regretting not running?

mora b

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 1:19 pm
Joe Biden what's his track record? Know his politics?

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 1:26 pm
mora b wrote:
Joe Biden what's his track record? Know his politics?

Joe Biden is not running for president

Jeanette

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 2:03 pm
Definitely Hillary. I'm no fan but she does not scare me the way Donald trump does. I hate the ugliness he has brought out in this country. All the xenophobes and racists crawling out from under their rocks to spew their garbage. I just hope there are enough sane people in this country to prevent an insane megalomaniac from becoming our next president.

marina

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 2:44 pm
treestump wrote:

Why must we judge candidates by their looks? Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

busymom

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 5:52 pm
I'm not really into politics, just skim the headlines really, though I'd say I'm more conservative regarding taxes and gov control. Honestly, I originally thought that Trump didn't stand a chance and would have bet money that he'd never be the Republican candidate. However, I do want to say that I think many ppl are too quick to judge him by all the noise he tends to create. I've watched some of the Apprentice episodes, and I he kinda grew on me and I came to respect him. True, the guy has no filter and says things he later regrets. But it was so interesting to see how he was able to get to the crux of an issue in minutes during boardroom meetings. He'd ask questions about how the team members performed, and some would try to dance around the answers, to protect friends or avoid making enemies, but he'd get to the bottom of things and make very insightful remarks. He's not a stupid guy. Quite shrewd actually and def knows how to get things done. True, it would be nice to have a president who is more poised and diplomatic, but I think I'd rather deal with a brash straight-talker whose flaws are right out there than a woman who has been accused of being deceptive numerous times. Besides, maybe the reason why things don't get done in government is BECAUSE most political leaders tend to be... well... beat-around-the-bush politicians!
It's also interesting to read what Trump's longtime frum lawyer from Teaneck has to say:
http://www.vosizneias.com/2378.....tial/

busymom

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 5:58 pm
Interesting that voting results right now is 31 votes Clinton and 13 votes Sanders, and 44 votes for Trump. Votes for the two democratic candidates also equal 44. So are we equally divided between the two political parties?

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 6:09 pm
busymom wrote:
Interesting that voting results right now is 31 votes Clinton and 13 votes Sanders, and 44 votes for Trump. Votes for the two democratic candidates also equal 44. So are we equally divided between the two political parties?

I think it's terrifying that 50% of a group of religious people/women would vote for a president who wants to ban Muslims from entering the US. Would we feel the same if another country banned Jews?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 8:54 pm
marina wrote:

And I believe you!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics