Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Found a passport

HelloG

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 6:20 am
What would you do with an (Israeli) passport that you found?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 6:21 am
Are you in Israel?
I know someone this just happened to. They posted to facebook and also looked the person up on face book and the passport was with the owner in no time.

Try social media or even here with either a picture or the name. Maybe someone knows someone who knows someone who knows the person.

abound

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:19 am
I would post the name and you can tell by the picture or the persons TZ if you are returning it to hte righ person

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:28 am
I think that handing it over to any government agency will get it into the right hands. Ask at the yirah, doar, or police station.

heidi

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:41 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I think that handing it over to any government agency will get it into the right hands. Ask at the yirah, doar, or police station.

I think that is the fastest way for the passport to be lost forever.
Social media in this country is amazing. Even if you send it to email community lists and people forward and forward to their lists etc.
I got an email at work about someone who found a camera at the kinneret. They posted some pictures from the camera.
I recognized the people in the picture, but by that time the owners had already been found.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 7:43 am
heidi wrote:
I think that is the fastest way for the passport to be lost forever.
Social media in this country is amazing. Even if you send it to email community lists and people forward and forward to their lists etc.
I got an email at work about someone who found a camera at the kinneret. They posted some pictures from the camera.
I recognized the people in the picture, but by that time the owners had already been found.

LOL! I suppose you're right. I keep thinking that the Israeli government is as efficient at the US one. Silly me! I've been here almost a year, you'd think I'd have figured it out by now. Confused

grace413

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 8:15 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
LOL! I suppose you're right. I keep thinking that the Israeli government is as efficient at the US one. Silly me! I've been here almost a year, you'd think I'd have figured it out by now. Confused

don't worry, you'll get it eventually. Less than a year is still a newbie.

Marion

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:18 pm
Technically you are supposed to turn it in to the police or misrad hapnim.

kakky

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 2:25 pm
after living in Israel for many years I say try with email/whatsapp/facebook
If you dont find the person in a few days then give it to the police.

HelloG

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 11:07 pm
I'm not in Israel and basically what happened was that after I sent around pics on social media I got a few weird phone calls from someone that the owner of the passport want him to take it... He didn't .make sense but he was threatening to report me that I am not turning it over bla bla bla.... Independent of this, I was uncomfortable having someone elses passport in my possesion.... I planned to take it to the police station this morning but the owner called me early today

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 8:50 am
AmGold wrote:
I'm not in Israel and basically what happened was that after I sent around pics on social media I got a few weird phone calls from someone that the owner of the passport want him to take it... He didn't .make sense but he was threatening to report me that I am not turning it over bla bla bla.... Independent of this, I was uncomfortable having someone elses passport in my possesion.... I planned to take it to the police station this morning but the owner called me early today

Who will be with you when the owner comes by? Where have you arranged to meet?

Please take someone with you like your husband, and arrange the meet in a public place.

The threatening phone calls do not sound good!

HelloG

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 8:07 pm
My husband met him in shui. The owner was not the one threatening . it was someone who wanted the passport for some off reason
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics