Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do people actually believe during slow times trolls come in?

shoshanim999

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 11:42 pm
In the thread about tuition discounts and pesach vacations, someone responded that the thread was generated by a "troll" who essentially is a moderator for this site and is attempting to stir up controversy during a slow day on imamother. Does anybody genuinely believe this?

joy613

Post Thu, May 05 2016, 11:54 pm
I don't think those people think that the 'troll' is a moderator for the site.
They just mean to say there's a bored person who likes controversy and seeing people riled up, and she/he is not getting that today so she/he started a new post that will get those results.
By saying 'troll', they just mean it's someone who posted something just for the sake of riling people up.
It's not so hard to believe.

watergirl

Post Fri, May 06 2016, 12:03 am
That was me who said that. You can google "troll" and "forum" or "message board troll" to see a definition. A troll isnt a moderator. Its a trouble maker who pops his/her in to stir things up, argue, pick a fight. Often times a troll is lying or making stuff up. In the imamother rules, theres a whole part about trolls.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics