Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Arts n crafts supplies

seeker

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 11:10 pm
OK smart people, how do I do this?
I think we're pretty under control with daily things like markers, crayons, scissors, glue, hole punchers.

But the other stuff that we only use occasionally with adult supervision - messy things like glitter, glitter glue, paint; things that are not unlimited in supply like tissue paper, special stickers, craft sticks, I don't even remember what's up there anymore. And kits - sand art, etc. They used to just all fit into one shoebox-sized bin but our collection is gradually growing and now it's up to something like 2 1/2 bins (not including the larger kits), and they're all a random mishmash.

I can't figure out how to categorize because to me it either looks like "all this is arts n crafts stuff" or each thing is in a separate category: glitter, glitter glues, feathers, pompoms, sticks, ribbons, odds n ends, buttons, sand... I'm not going to go find something with an odd-sized compartment for each one.

I also can't imagine it's a hopeless cause. I'm not much of an organizer so there must be some idea for this somewhere.

Bear in mind we have very close to zero space. But I have dedicated about half a shelf up high in my front closet, that could surely be arranged more efficiently. Preferably in a way that would lend itself to actually using and enjoying the materials but without making the whole place a shambles in the process.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics