Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
ISO Summer job upstate

working hard

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 1:12 pm
in a colony or camp. I am looking for something I can do to make the summer affordable. I need a place that will give me a bungalow/rooms and day camp for the kids in exchange for work. I can do almost any office work, organizing programs... that kind of thing. I am not a lifeguard and while I am a decent cook for my family, I am not a cook on a commerical scale.
Any ideas?

seeker

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 6:42 pm
Anything's possible but for next year your best bet is actually to start looking in the fall. Things like organizing programs start waaaaay in advance. Office work you may be able to find on shorter notice but it's quite late now.
Not trying to be discouraging, I really do hope you get something, you never know who may find themselves short-staffed late in the season. Just offering a more practical time frame for future reference.
Good luck!

working hard

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 8:12 pm
Good point Seeker. Still, as you say, it is worth a try.

seeker

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 8:16 pm
Definitely worth a try. I started thinking about this in, oh, I don't know, maybe March? And was astonished to find that I was already late. B"H I found something in April after all but there weren't many people looking. So I just thought it would be helpful to put it out there that the time to look is in the fall. Which makes sense, the kind of positions that they would offer to a married adult looking for accommodations and childcare are going to be the more significant positions, and the more significant positions are going to be the ones you need in place early for planning and everything.

But hey, you never know. Do a ton of networking. Tell everyone you know, especially people who go to bungalow colonies or camps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics