Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Teething- but teeth can't seem to cut through?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 12:48 pm
My baby got his first bottom tooth on Purim, and the next one a couple of days later. Around 2 weeks later, his top gum swelled up. Then it swelled some more. And more. And now he's been in excruciating pain for the past few days. The helpful doctor said, "That does look painful."

It's been a month of swelling already. Could something be blocking the teeth from coming out? The doctor didn't think so, but a friend said they sometimes need help coming through. I'm thinking a visit to the dentist may be in order.

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 3:24 am
My mil just told me she used to knock with a metal spoon on baby's gums to help him!! I never tried it though.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 3:45 am
Get some of these http://www.munchkin.com/fresh-......html

Buy a dozen at a time, you will love them! Put an ice cube in the mesh, and let your baby gnaw on it. The cold will take down the swelling, and the hardness of the ice cube will push back the gums and let the tooth through. The baby will do it at his own pace, so you don't have to worry about forcing it yourself.

When he starts to graduate to mushy foods, you can put things like melon and bits of boiled potato in there, too. They wash up great in the dishwasher (set temp to high) just like baby bottles.

DD was a HORRIBLE teether, ran really high temperatures, and screamed constantly until the tooth popped in. She got her first teeth at 3 1/2 months! Surprised These mesh things were a life and sanity saver for both of us.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 7:26 am
Thanks. This post is from a few weeks ago. He got 4 new teeth in the past week or 2, B"H. They took a long time to come, but then all 4 on top came together.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 7:56 am
the world's best mom wrote:
Thanks. This post is from a few weeks ago. He got 4 new teeth in the past week or 2, B"H. They took a long time to come, but then all 4 on top came together.

4 at once? No wonder he was so miserable. Sad

Still, look into the mesh feeders, more teeth are on the way!

the world's best mom

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 10:39 am
I actually bought him a mesh feeder a while back. He didn't like it with fruit in it, and I never thought of putting in an ice cube. It's certainly worth a try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics