Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bouncer or swing?

amother
Amber

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 8:43 pm
My baby is 2 months old and I'm finding I need somewhere safe to put him down sometimes. I've been using his carseat, but I'd like to buy something else. I have several older kids, and don't remember needing or having anything for them, so I'm looking for suggestions, opinions, and recommendations! Preferably, I'd like something that he'll continue to use for a few months.

Happy18

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 8:46 pm
At this point I'd buy the fisher price infant to toddler rocker it will last you the longest.

pesek zman

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 9:21 pm
Baby bjorn bouncer is the best; fold flat, can be used on Shabbos and can be used till 18 months

lucky14

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 9:49 pm
Happy18 wrote:
At this point I'd buy the fisher price infant to toddler rocker it will last you the longest.

I was going to suggest this also. I've never used it, but it makes the most sense. In general I'd suggest a bouncer over a swing (easier to bring from room to room), but it depends really on which your child prefers.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 9:55 pm
It really depends on the kid. A bouncer can be moved from room to room as needed, but my baby never liked his so I gave it away. His swing has been a life saver- as soon as he gets tired, I put him in and he can put himself to sleep. Or he can play with the mobile and enjoy the music. I would not have managed without it.

Tekky

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 10:57 pm
swings or bouncers can be pricey and some kids can turn out to be veeerrryyy picky on what they like. before you invest in anything - especially if its pricey - you should def try to borrow random ones from others who can lend them out temporarily to see if your child likes it first.

nicole81

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 8:13 am
Graco makes a model of swing that's a 2-in-1 bouncer and swing that might be worth getting. I definitely saw it on amazon.

bookie

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 10:54 am
the world's best mom wrote:
It really depends on the kid. A bouncer can be moved from room to room as needed, but my baby never liked his so I gave it away. His swing has been a life saver- as soon as he gets tired, I put him in and he can put himself to sleep. Or he can play with the mobile and enjoy the music. I would not have managed without it.

this my two month old does not like the bouncer at all. she loves the swing. each baby is different. maybe you can borrow from someone to see what yours likes.

besty

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 1:06 pm
I have a swing for my baby and I luv it...could put her down there any time she needs change it rocks so it soothing if she cries she could nap there to...think it pays to invest in it if u have the place because it is a little bigger....

the world's best mom

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 1:10 pm
Fisher Price makes a portable swing that can be carried around, but if you have the space and money, you may want to get a really good swing. I have the Fisher Price Cradle and Swing, and it's the absolute best swing I've ever seen. I fully reccomend it.

sky

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 1:14 pm
I find they serve very different purposes. My baby is 2 1/2 months.

The swing comforts her, she falls asleep in it and relaxes. I use it more when she is tired and needs a nap on the main floor.
Bouncer stimulates her, she gets excited in it, kicks a lot. Its more like a toy. She just started liking it, earlier she hated it and would just cry.

If I was picking for my baby I would probably choose the bouncer. (both of mine are close to 10 years old, my bouncer has seen better days...)

lucky14

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 10:43 pm
Just wanted to add since I'm seeing a lot of people saying their kids liked the swing better, that mine was the opposite. Loved the bouncy seat, but wasn't so into the swing (Occasionally would fall asleep in it). Though now he doesn't like either.

greenfire

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 11:01 pm
a swing saved me with one of my girlys - it would soothe her when I couldn't hold her all day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics