Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
If you hire a day babysitter or have a nurse...

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 11:43 am
Do you know what she does with your child at all times? I am at the local park at least four times a week with my baby. There are 4 benches there that are taken up by the babysitters during the day. They sit there and socialize with each other or busy with their phone. Your poor kids (many twins with nurses) sit strapped in their carriage the whole time. They do not go on the slide or swings at all. The kids are bored and fidgety. Today one toddler ran into one of the baby swings, nearly getting hit. It took five minutes until one nurse came to get the child. Poor kid had to sit on the bench near the personality-less caregiver a whole time. They don't like your kid. They do it for their money. Know whom you can trust. I am not meddling nor judging but it's something that I see all too often. That's all.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 12:19 pm
Anon bc I dont want to out my location.

I see this in Queens at the park all the time. The nannies need a break, they arent given break time, and they cant take a rest at the home where they work for fear of a nanny cam.

I am IN NO WAY saying that this is ok. I only say this because this is what 2 friends told me - after I saw their kids at the park, strapped in just like you said - I told my friends, who asked the nannies, and this was the reply/explanation from both.

Miri7

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 1:14 pm
I pretty much know about what happens at the park because my SAHM friends see my nanny and child and will remark at how attentive she is. My child naps at home and I made it clear to the nanny that she should rest during that time and relax. I haven't given her any extra work to do then. She needs time to rest and I want her to have it so she has energy the rest of the day.

Though she will often tidy things up or fold laundry just to be sweet Smile

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 8:19 pm
At ten am they are not past their nap yet.

ange

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 8:38 pm
I agree with much of what has been said. I take my kids to the parks in queens and more often than not the kids are ignored and strapped into strikers while the baby sitters talk. I have even taken pictures showing two baby sitters on swings while their charges stood on the side watching. Or the other baby sitter who I watched for the two hours I was there who did not out down her phone...either talking or searching the internet the entire tube. Pushing the child in the swing while reading her phone...No interaction with the kids. I advise anyone with kids being watched to take off the morning one day and watch to see what happens with your baby sitter. They may make a nice impression face to face but when unobserved they may be a totally different story.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 8:01 am
Do I know what my nanny does?
Yes I have cameras. When she goes out I get reports from my son. If he isn't home yet I can tell by how my kids behave when I get home. I had a nanny that did nothing with them but watch them play at home and my kids were cranky. They get to go out have fun play and run around they are so happy afterwards.

Unless the nanny is abusing the child I really don't think it is anyones business what she does when. you don't know what she did before you got there, you don't know what the kid is feeling like, you don't know what she did at home prior to coming to the park or what she will be doing after the park.
Myself as a mother have often just sat in the park with my kids in the stroller because I don't have energy or patience to run after them. They are often perfectly happy to just sit and watch. If you really feel the need to tell a mother this tell it to her face not through the back channels of imamother.

I also do my job for the money but I am invested in it and complete the work. The nannies I have had did the same - they worked for the money, obviously, but they did their job. Some played jump rope others preferred to sit and color. As long as they are entertaining my kid away from the computer screen I really don't mind what they choose to do.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 8:13 am
this is why I sent to daycare. checks and balances of other teachers and the administrator.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics