Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Parenting Class Reviews

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 8:55 pm
As someone who grew in a dysfunctional home, (as well as my husband), we're finding ourselves at a loss as to how to parent. We kind of thought we already knew what not to do, and that being sensitive logical people, it would be common sense...however...! So we'd really like to take a series of parenting classes-online, CD ...
Can you share which parenting class you took and something about it so I can figure out which to look more into? There seems to be so many. I'd like something as comprehensive as possible.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 3:21 pm
Just heard Miriam adahan on Jewish workshops -she's running a program there and remembered your post and wanted to share with you.
The intro was fantastic

Kol hakovod for you starting now and seeking help. Im in similar situation and wish would have started years ago.
Good luck.
ETA that I liked because she acknowledges pple in our situation with personal challenges stuck in childhood and addresses that.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 3:43 pm
Dina Freidman has a great parenting course. it's intense but so useful.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 4:25 pm
I too come from a dysfunctional background and found Perl abramowitz parenting workshop very helpful

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 4:57 pm
Another vote for Perl Abramovitz. Her course has made a huge impact on the way my family functions.

happy mommy6

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 7:46 pm
Rivka levitansky! Smile
Very on target

chavs

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 8:22 pm
My husband and I took a parenting course by Gordon Neufeld called power to parent, it was a set of dvds that we watched at home but you can also do them online.
They completely changed our relationship with our kids and also helped us understand each other and ourselves better. It isn't a bag of tricks but essentially goes into what being a parent is, what you can expect when developmentally, how you can help a child grow up and empowers you to be the parent that your child needs. I can't recommend it enough. Look at http://neufeldinstitute.org
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics