Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How often do you wear makeup?
Previous  1  2  3  4

How often do you wear makeup?
Daily  
 72%  [ 147 ]
Weekly  
 10%  [ 22 ]
Monthly  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Special occasions  
 16%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 203

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 1:56 pm
For all of you who only wear makeup when you go out, don't you think dh would appreciate if you put on makeup in the house for him? Try it! Doesn't have to be always but sometimes would be nice.

sbmom

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 6:05 pm
Blush and lipstick everyday
Primer, Foundation and powder for special occasions

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 6:39 pm
amother wrote:
For all of you who only wear makeup when you go out, don't you think dh would appreciate if you put on makeup in the house for him? Try it! Doesn't have to be always but sometimes would be nice.

My husband, and from what I see on imamother it seems like many husbands, absolutely dislikes when I wear makeup just for him. He hates lipstick when we kiss, he hates glitter that might get on him, he hates the look of mascara up close...
So it's perfect. I'll sometimes put on makeup when we/I are/am going out and we won't be kissing each other, but I don't put on makeup when it's just me and him.

cm

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 6:49 pm
amother wrote:

I suppose men are all different, but my husband doesn't see the point of makeup. I'm in the "never" group, so I guess he and I are a good match!

My observation has been that many of the things women do in the name of beauty they do for themselves, or for other women (whether to conform or impress).

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 6:58 pm
Are blush and bronzer the same?
What is concealer?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:30 pm
I wear makeup every day. I like wearing eye makeup but I wish I did not have to wear coverup on my face.
My problem is that my skin gets red and then looks really bad because of it (im not sure if this is a condition called rosacea??) so I have to wear coverup and powder to make it stay --if I dont cover up the redness, then I will not feel good about myself because I will feel down from looking bad

On shabbos my face gets red and I dont like leaving face makeup on overnight, so I am embarrassed.
I wish my skin was just normal skin tone and did not get red...

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:52 pm
I do as much as possible to not have a long makeup routine: I use a moisturizer+face oil nightly so my skin is clear and bright and I dye my lashes&brows every few weeks (that's also so I don't feel 'bare' on shabbos).

Still, every day: concealer & highlighter and something to lengthen my lashes, even if just a drop of vaseline.

I used to wear eye liner daily, too, but I'm into the cleaner look lately so now it's only to weddings.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
I have been wanting to try eyelash tinting for a while but I have been scared and also wondered if it's worth it. The place I would go to says it lasts 4 weeks. Is that your experience? Also how does it work that the dye doesn't get in your eyes?

I just posted that I do this every few weeks. It's never gotten in my eyes yet, but the place I go to uses a vegetable dye, so even if it would, it would maybe show in your eye for a day--that's all.

I still think you need mascara or something to thicken and lengthen, but it's nice to always have dark lashes. Make sure they use black.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:02 pm
amother wrote:
Are blush and bronzer the same?
What is concealer?

Blush is usually pink-tinted and is used only on the cheeks to give rosiness.
Bronzer is bronze Very Happy and is used all over the face in strategic areas to give a healthy color/glow.

Concealer is a concentrated cream/powder that's the same color as your skin. It's used to conceal flaws.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:05 pm
I keep seeing the mention of highlighter. I've never heard that in makeup. What is it?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:09 pm
Highlighter usually looks like a lighter version of bronze, and you can place it on several locations on your face, depending on its contour - I usually only do on my upper cheekbone. It attracts light, creating the illusion of brightness and height - like that lit-from-within look

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:
Highlighter usually looks like a lighter version of bronze, and you can place it on several locations on your face, depending on its contour - I usually only do on my upper cheekbone. It attracts light, creating the illusion of brightness and height - like that lit-from-within look

Thanks sounds interesting!

Blue jay

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 10:59 pm
no make up, only for simchas.
I actually think I look good without the makeup.

After applying make up, everything runs and I look like a caked up owl. My eyes start to burn from the eyeliner.

I also find I look younger without the make up.
I make sure my eyebrows are waxed each week.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 7:47 am
Thanks seagreen!

UnFarvosNischt

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:07 am
I wear it daily but in a very discreet way (a lot of my friends think I never wear make up!). Brown kohl, mascara, lipstick, a bit concealer if needed et voila! Some blush on my cheeks if I look too pale.

Funny, I told once DH that I've read that 80% of the women wait one month until they show themselves to their boyfriend without make-up. He told me that I would have to wait longer in order to see him with make up! Rolling Laughter

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:40 am
If I go somewhere, I will either just use concealer/powder etc (invisible), or do the whole thing, or somewhere in between depending on mood and event. My husband doesn't get make up except maybe if you have a huge pimple or something, but he knows I like it.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics