Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Chag HaAtzmaut Sameach!

Sanguine

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 5:10 am
Yom Haatzmaut 2015: So Many Reasons to Love Israel! | NBN

May not be the best clip but it's nice (and new)

Sanguine

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 6:36 am
Go into Arutz 7's site for all the good birthday news
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/

Sanguine

Post Thu, Apr 23 2015, 7:05 am
Live: march of the lving reaces Yerushaalayim - MiShoah LeTekuma http://www.israelnationalnews......Gqqkp

Sanguine

Post Fri, Apr 24 2015, 4:49 am
Interesting - I just saw this in the Yeshiva World

The following is a combination of two articles which YWN published in the past:

Quote:
In 2012, YWN reported that Maran HaGaon HaRav Ovadia Yosef ZATZAL announced after shachris on Independence Day, that if one wishes to honor the day one should immerse oneself in Torah study “for Torah protects us from those wishing to harm us”.

Rav Ovadia added that Baruch Hashem today, the center of Torah study is in Eretz Yisrael, where there is simply more Yiras Shomayim, and more baalei tshuva.

There are batei medrashim that hold a “Yom Shekulo Torah” today, on Independence Day.

In 2010, YWN reported that Maran HaGaon HaRav Ovadia Yosef ZATZAL announced that one is permitted to recite Hallel on Independence Day without a bracha. Rav Ovadia adds it is preferable to push off the recitation of Hallel until completing the davening, since one should not insert tefillos into the prescribed text.

He explaied that gedolim have voiced various opinions regarding the recitation of Hallel, since Chazal did not insert it into the tefilla for this day we are not accustomed to do so but one cannot discard the miracles resulting in the establishment of the country and the ability of Jews to return to their Homeland.

- See more at: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......dpuf

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:21 pm
Chag Sameach Sanguine!

(and bumping)

Sanguine

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 3:31 am
mtzadhasheini wrote:
Chag Sameach Sanguine!

(and bumping)

Thanks - Chag HaAtzmaut Sameach! - I've tried to break my Imamother addiction but this came to my email since it was a topic I posted in in the past, and then you added a personal message so I had to reply Very Happy .

(I almost posted yesterday on Yom HaZikaron but was afraid of restarting my Imamother addiction At wits end )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days