Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Sharing a room isn't working

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 4:38 am
I'm trying to get my 2 older children to share a room. I have a baby in my room who's ready to move out. I don't trust either of the older ones not to bother the baby, so he needs his own room. The older 2 are 5 and 2.5. I've tried for several nights and it's just been a disaster.

2.5 year old has a bedtime about an hour and a half before the 5 year old. Sometimes he goes to sleep right away, sometimes he schelps it out and is still up when I'm trying to put the oldest to bed. When that happens, they end up playing together and not going to sleep until I snap and drag the toddler kicking and screaming back to his room, while the 5 year old sobs and begs for a second chance and promises he will help his brother go to sleep instead of play. When the toddler does fall asleep right at bed time, it's STILL problem. They get up in the middle of the night and play! I just put an end to a 3 am party. Had to drag the toddler kicking and screaming back to his room while the 5 year old sobbed and begged for another chance and promised he won't play with his brother in the middle of night. I'm going crazy here. How do you get 2 siblings to share a room and sleep? BTW, this isn't giggling under the covers past bedtime. This is wild insane playing- jumping on the bed, throwing things, dancing and stomping around. So not something I can just overlook.

mo5

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 7:10 am
I would put the 5 year old with the baby faster than two talking playing kids together.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers