Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Covering hair in amusement parks- rides

RBK100

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:35 am
I've tried falls and wigs but always nervous they'll fly off my head if I'm going on rides.
What do you suggest?

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 11:36 am
My wig has clips that clip into my hair. They wouldn't fall off. If you don't have those, ask your sheitel macher to sew some in for you.

pause

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 12:09 pm
You can also wear a snood/ pretied bandanna.

sky

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 12:23 pm
Last time I went on a really wild ride (because my son needed someone taller to go with hime..) I borrowed my daughter's barrets and used them to double secure my sheitel to my head.

I'd be more nervous to wear a tichel then a sheitel.

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 1:03 pm
I have worn a soft hat/beret. Then right before the right tie a tichel like a babushka (tied under the chin) over the hat. You will not look gorgeous for the three minute ride. Your hat will stay on. I agree that a tichel tied the regular way could be blown off.

devash1

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 4:35 pm
I wore my regular pretied bandana, but put bobby pins in a few places to make it secure. It stayed put for all of the roller coasters.

m in Israel

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 6:17 pm
I agree that a sheitel with clips will be fine.
I've worn pre-tied bandanas and just made sure they were on tightly before the ride and I never had a problem.

watergirl

Post Mon, May 16 2016, 6:27 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
I have worn a soft hat/beret. Then right before the right tie a tichel like a babushka (tied under the chin) over the hat. You will not look gorgeous for the three minute ride. Your hat will stay on. I agree that a tichel tied the regular way could be blown off.

I was recently at an amusement park and I wore tichels tied the wrapunzel way and they stayed on tight - and I went on the wildest upsideown rollercoasters that they had!

I also saw the coolest chassidish lady with a shpitzel on one ride with me - she toed a rain bonnet over her head/under her chin. She looked like a lot of fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels