Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig cap or spandex hair cap for hats??

beth allen

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 4:41 pm
Can one use a wig cap or spandex hair cap when wearing a hat? I do not wear a sheitel.Sometimes it is difficult to get all my hair neatly inside a hat.Would either of these work? Is one more comfortable and/or work better than the other?

2cents

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 5:29 pm
I've been wearing a spandex cap under my hats for close to 10 years. Works great to comfortably keep my hair in.

2cents

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 5:37 pm
Forgot to add that I started off using a wig cap but I found that it wasn't as secure as I would like, plus it left a painful groove in my forehead after a day of wear.

cm

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 5:56 pm
I find both of these painfully snug, but have had some success with a plain cotton snood (the hat must be big enough to accommodate the thickness).

2cents

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 6:03 pm
cm wrote:
I find both of these painfully snug, but have had some success with a plain cotton snood (the hat must be big enough to accommodate the thickness).

The spandex caps I use are 'do-rags' meant for African-American men...they easily fit under hats but are very comfortable, and hold my longish hair well.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 13 2016, 6:24 pm
Wig grips work pretty well for me. My hair goes into the hat. The doo-rags sound interesting to try out for hats that aren't large enough to tuck my hair into.

beth allen

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 7:19 am
I looked up a doorag and it seems that it has pieces coming out at the end.Can I cut them off? Is there a bump remaining? Can I find a doorag that does not have this extra piece?

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 7:28 am
Those can be trimmed. You may be able to tuck them in as well. Those tails are what's used to tie it on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels