Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please help- carsick baby

amother
Denim

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 2:23 pm
My 9-month-old has thrown up almost every time she's been in a car for more than 15 minutes since she was 6 or 7 months old. We don't have a car, so this is based on half a dozen or so times that we either rented or got a ride somewhere with a relative.
Dh has the day off tomorrow and we're planning to go to the zoo in the next city over, maybe 45 minutes away if we avoid rush hour. We rented a car because we had to move something today and it seemed worth it for two days- well, she threw up about halfway through the ride.

What can I do to keep her from getting so carsick? She definitely gets this from both of us genetically- dh and I were both the kids who had to sit at the front of the bus on field trips- and the only things that help me are things I can't explain to her yet. Add in the fact that she needs to face backwards for the next year or so, and can't see out the window, and I don't see how she could not get sick. This is an issue for tomorrow, but a bigger issue in general since we're looking to move but very limited in our options since most communities we'd consider don't have good public transportation (the major plus of our current community). She never throws up on buses- I make sure to get a seat where she'll have a good view out the window.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 2:25 pm
Ask your dr about dramamine for babies.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 2:32 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
Ask your dr about dramamine for babies.

For short hops? I only remember being given Dramamine for long trips. I can't run a day of errands with a car and keep a baby drugged all day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics