Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Solve the room?

mashcsch

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 6:32 pm
Did anyone ever go to this place ? I'm looking for feedback. Ages I want to take are 7-19. For a chol hamoed trip.

Tiredmom7

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 6:41 pm
Is this like the mystery room ? I went with similar ages and even though it was pricey the kids had a great time

mashcsch

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 6:45 pm
I think that's what it is. You're locked in a room and you have one hour to figure out how to escape by figuring out clues. I wonder if anyone went to this specific place and if it was good. Where is the one you went to?

watergirl

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 7:16 pm
mashcsch wrote:
I think that's what it is. You're locked in a room and you have one hour to figure out how to escape by figuring out clues. I wonder if anyone went to this specific place and if it was good. Where is the one you went to?

Are you looking for a very specific place? There is a "the Room" in almost every US city. Are you looking for someone to tell you about any of them, or just the one you have in mind? If so, please share your location in the subject of this thread to get more appropriate replies.

mashcsch

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 7:17 pm
The one I'm interested in is in freehold new Jersey, near lakewood.

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 24 2016, 7:28 pm
There are tons of them, all with the same idea. Make sure you see reviews of the specific one you're going to, as each is different and some are better than others. Also check for a Groupon discount, as they're quite expensive. And check availability, as many of the best ones are booked up weeks in advance. And unless you're a large group, be aware that you may be paired up with another group of strangers, so make sure you're comfortable with that.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 1:36 am
Yelp reviews in your area are a good place to start checking for reviews.

Doctorima brings up a good point. You might get assigned a group that includes people who swear a lot when they are frustrated. See if you can get another frum family interested, so you can book your own group.

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 11:17 am
Just piping up to add that we have done a few in E"Y and they are fun.

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 11:19 am
doctorima wrote:
There are tons of them, all with the same idea. Make sure you see reviews of the specific one you're going to, as each is different and some are better than others. Also check for a Groupon discount, as they're quite expensive. And check availability, as many of the best ones are booked up weeks in advance. And unless you're a large group, be aware that you may be paired up with another group of strangers, so make sure you're comfortable with that.

The ones I have been to and seen advertised are for a specified number of participants, usually 2-5. I have never been to one where you are paired up with strangers.

pickle321

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 11:22 am
DrMom wrote:
Just piping up to add that we have done a few in E"Y and they are fun.

Can u suggest one in Jerusalem? I've heard of secret room Jerusalem. Is that the same thing?

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 11:35 am
I have never been to a room in Yerushalayim, but here are some lists of rooms in Israel:
http://www.escaperoom.co.il/
http://www.escape-rooms.co.il/rooms/

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 5:10 am
I do know in Freehold they will pair you up with strangers if you are just 2 people.

mashcsch

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 5:27 am
Jetblack, we will be six people. Will they still pair us up? Also, is it a good place.

DrMom

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 7:32 am
Why don't you just call them up and ask??

https://amazingescaperoom.com/freehold/
They seem to run afew different escape rooms in Freehold. I noticed that one is "R-rated."

Amazing Escape Room Freehold New Jersey

77 West Main Street,
Freehold, NJ 07728
732–333–0448

From their FAQ:
Quote:
Q: Will other people be in the room with us?
A: If you want a private experience, you can book an entire room, which will allow you to have up to 8, 10 or 12 people. If you don’t book the entire room, there’s a strong chance that others will book the other available spots. But that’s okay; the potential of meeting and playing with new people is awesome and adds to the overall experience.

So if you are six people, maybe find another couple of people to take along so you will have the room to yourselves. Or just sign up and make a few new random friends...

aviva25

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 11:28 am
There's an excellent one in toms river, and there's a promo code pesach2016 for 20$ a person. Each group is 6-8 people, and there are slots available still. Went yesterday with ages 12-55 and we all had a great time. Not sure a 7 year old will enjoy too much. Very friendly and helpful staff

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 2:04 pm
We went a couple of years ago when my dd was 6 and she loved it. I guess it depends on the kid.

aviva-cohen

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 1:16 pm
hey
you should try question escape rooms
http://www.quest-ion.co.il

sarelpoy

Post Mon, Jun 13 2016, 12:17 am
I was in that escape room in tel aviv and it was amazing

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 13 2016, 10:11 pm
We did one in NY and it was the most fun I've had in years. But we went with a big enough group to make a private reservation, if you just go at a standard time then yes you might end up grouped with strangers and I don't know if it would be as much fun. And yes when we were looking for one to go to I noticed that some were rated as not being family-friendly so check reviews for appropriateness and ask for details when making your reservation.

It was brilliant. It must be fun to be the one making these things up, too.

But expensive. Worth doing but not something I can afford to repeat anytime soon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics