Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Dinner that cooks while we're out of the house
Previous  1  2

mha3484

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 4:01 pm
I totally forgot about this recipe. I used to make it often a few years ago. I don't know if you can do this with a timer in regards to food safety but it might be worth looking into.

http://www.ayearofslowcooking.......html

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 5:28 pm
Thank you everyone for your help!

Today I prepared breaded fish and left it in the fridge. Then I prepared fingering potatoes on a cookie sheet and had it go on half hour before I got home. When I got home the potatoes were just about ready and I swapped them out for the sheet of fish. The fish was ready 15 minutes later. Worked well bh!

For the next fish dinner I hope to soak, rinse and dry the salmon ahead of time and have the seasoning paste ready in the fridge as well. Then just spread paste over salmon and swap out a ready side dish from the oven when I get home.

And for tilapia, will try cubing, rinsing and drying ahead of time. And having the marinade ready too. Then tossing all together and swapping it with side dish in heated oven (and skipping the 20 minute marinade time).

Thanks again!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus