Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Need cheap menu ideas for sheva brochos
Previous  1  2

chouli

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 2:10 am
Start with a lot of salads and dips served with challa rolls. For main I would make filled chicken breast. You fill the chicken breast with minced meat or chopped mushroms, roll it up and slowly bake it. For serving you cut it in slices. That way, one cutlet serves two persons Add one or two sides. For dessert maybe some fruits and miniture cakes

kollel wife

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 7:53 am
Sorry to hijack - does anyone have a recipe for the rice with cranberries or nut in it?

Thank you.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 11:12 am
tx all for the ideas.

some stuff sounds realy yum but I work everyday so very limited in time. so want easy smeasy stuff.

soup, even tough it will be hard to serve, it comes out realy cheap so think I am still gonna do it.

tichellady

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 11:15 am
amother wrote:
tx all for the ideas.

some stuff sounds realy yum but I work everyday so very limited in time. so want easy smeasy stuff.

soup, even tough it will be hard to serve, it comes out realy cheap so think I am still gonna do it.

I tried to give ideas that weren't too patchky.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 11:22 am
I liked many of ginger amother's suggestions. Shish kebob does make the chicken go a long way and it looks so pretty on the plate. No need for grilled veggies on the side, though. They are included on the kebob! Just a muffin and rice or orzo will be fine.

Soup is a cheap dish to serve, and you can dress it up so easily, too! Make a blended zucchini/potato soup (potatoes to stretch the zucchini and make it cheaper). Then make a smaller amount of orange soup (butternut squash or sweet potato) and pour a little in the center of the green soup once it's in the bowl. Makes for a more interesting presentation.

If you decide not to go with chicken kabobs, I was at a sheva brachos last summer where they had fruit kabobs for the appetizer. 2 kabobs with asst melon balls, along with a small fruit drink on the plate. It looked lovely and was a nice, light summery dish.

Good luck with your sheva brachos and enjoy it!!

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 11:48 am
kollel wife wrote:
Sorry to hijack - does anyone have a recipe for the rice with cranberries or nut in it?

Thank you.

I make wild rice and cranberries like this
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....69531

nacs

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 6:17 pm
Cheapest Sheva brachos I ever did was also the most fun- we did Italian-garlic bread, minestrone soup, 3 or 4 kinds of pasta, and different toppings- meat sauce, pesto, and homemade marinara (primavera has vegetables), chicken piccata (cut small) and Napoleon for dessert- it was a hit!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics