Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Advantages of babysitting with chs Lakewood

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 2:00 pm
I'm planning on babysitting in my house starting September. Can anyone tell me what the advantages or disadvantages are of going through chs. What do I need to do in order to be approved?
Also we are probably buying a house in Jackson so does anyone know if it works any differently there?
Thanks

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 2:11 pm
I'm pretty sure that CHS is run by the County, so there would be no diff between Lakewood and Jackson.

You need to work according to the code. IE each caregiver=certain number of kids at a certain age. You'd need enough floor space for that amount of people and sleeping space. Your house would have to pass inspection for all these and more. You also need to offer full day care (or almost full day).

And you and your clients have to be on top of submitting the hours so you can get paid.

The advantage is that you get paid on time and nice salary.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 2:12 pm
Be sure to check with local zoning to see if a home business of this type is permitted.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 2:17 pm
Thank you 😊
Do you have any idea what the pay is per child and how many children you are allowed to take? I wouldn't want more than 4 or 5 in any case.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers