Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is this normal after a bris?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 12:13 pm
Mohel came today two days after the bris to check my son. He scraped off the yellow stuff round the wound with his nails and my husband found afterwards he had also removed some skin (it was on the inside of the nappy he wiped hiss fingers on. (Sorry if this is too gross).7

My son started crying while mohel was doing this and shortly afrer he left startewd screaming, which he has basically done non-stop except for brief sleeps for the past fewq hours. I gave him acamoli straight away, but is there anything else I can/should do, short of nursing him constantly?

Is this normal? I don't think it happened with my last son.

Thankyou.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 12:16 pm
Is it bleeding a lot? If not, then I don't think it's abnormal, but then again, I'm not a Mohel. Maybe you can call him and ask?

nursemomma

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 12:17 pm
I don't remember this but I had a diff experience where my son did not stop screaming. Called mohel to come back, and he said the band-aid was too tight. Can't hurt to call the mohel, and maybe ask him to come by if you're concerned.
Mazel tov!

PassionFruit

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 12:31 pm
We've made three brisim with three differnt mohelim. I don't watch the mohel do the cleaning up post bris cuz it grosses me out. But. the screaming is normal, all three sons screamed their heads off the whole time. If it is a well known, experienced mohel I wouldn't worry.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 12:32 pm
I hope he washed his hands...

littleprincess

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 12:38 pm
Call the mohel. After ds bris the mohel came by a few times a day because the bandage kept on falling off. They're so used to it

myym

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 12:45 pm
the mohel is NOT suposed to remove the yellow stuff!!!! that's normal healing. I have a few boys BH, and the mohel specifically told me not to touch the yellow, its normal. Second, he did it with his fingernails???? So not sterile. I would take him to your dr. Also, a baby at that age, assuming around 8-10 days old, shouldnt have accamoli. Their liver is too immature to digest it. I would ask your dr before giving that again.

debbie321

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 2:15 pm
why dont you ask your pediatrician? or bring him in? or if not, ask your mohel to come back

ohmygosh

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 2:16 pm
Does not seem normal to me if he was calm beforehand and has now been screaming non stop for hours. Something doesn't seem right.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 2:17 pm
doctor not mohel sorry.
acamoli dangerous at that age.
also just as a side my friends son didnt pee for a day after bris and turned out something was seriously wrong and too late to reverse once they decided to speak to doc so make sure he peees today

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 2:20 pm
FYI, there are two parts to the bris, milah and priyah. Milah is cutting the outer layer with a blade, priyah is splitting the second layer with the thumbnail and folding it back giving us the recognizable shape. It sounds like your son's priyah was a incomplete so he fixed it.
The scab is yellow.

Sorry, I just retread your op. It sounds like he scraped off the scab, not good. But call him to clarify.

myym

Post Fri, May 20 2016, 10:43 am
OP can you let us know if baby is ok?

N'sMom

Post Fri, May 20 2016, 11:20 am
seconding that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics