Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Apron tichels

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 6:15 pm
Are they still in fashion? I don't see them here.
Where can I find them in NY or online?
TIA!

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 7:29 pm
Do you mean scarves that are tied into a tichel bandana style?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 7:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Do you mean scarves that are tied into a tichel bandana style?

no, these look like aprons when unfolded.

op, I don't know where to get them in person, but they're easy to make if you know how to sew.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 7:37 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
no, these look like aprons when unfolded.

op, I don't know where to get them in person, but they're easy to make if you know how to sew.

Cool. Would love to see what that looks like!

SmileUrJewish

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 8:29 pm
Are you referring to sinar tichels? If so, they sell them on etsy and here's a link to some beautiful ones!

https://modli.co/headcoverings......html

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 8:52 pm
SmileUrJewish wrote:
Are you referring to sinar tichels? If so, they sell them on etsy and here's a link to some beautiful ones!

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, May 20 2016, 3:30 pm
By the way, do any of you wear this style? I don't see it in my new community.

amother
Black

Post Fri, May 20 2016, 3:58 pm
Is there someplace in brooklyn I can try on these types of tichels along with the inserts for height?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, May 20 2016, 4:03 pm
amother wrote:
Is there someplace in brooklyn I can try on these types of tichels along with the inserts for height?

You don't need these inserts. If you have long hair, they look very nice just like that.

watergirl

Post Fri, May 20 2016, 7:20 pm
SmileUrJewish wrote:

Thanks for that link - I just bought one for $12!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 21 2016, 5:29 pm
Wrapunzel sells the poufs in various sizes and heights. The "Wendy" model is the best, because it's soft, comfy, and you can take the stuffing out or add more to suit your taste. You can also take the stuffing out so you can throw it in the washing machine, and then restuff it once it dries. They sell out often, so keep checking back if you don't see it listed, or email customer service.

watergirl

Post Sat, May 21 2016, 9:18 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Wrapunzel sells the poufs in various sizes and heights. The "Wendy" model is the best, because it's soft, comfy, and you can take the stuffing out or add more to suit your taste. You can also take the stuffing out so you can throw it in the washing machine, and then restuff it once it dries. They sell out often, so keep checking back if you don't see it listed, or email customer service.

I actually hate the wendy. I love the judith d paris bobo mouse - which I know I spelled wrong.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, May 21 2016, 10:08 pm
Can you wear these and be yeshivish? I lived in Israel and if I wore them I would literally not be able to get my kids into the community schools because they would think I was "the tziyoni type". Now I live in OOT America and it still seems like the people more to the right wear those cheneel bag thingies. I love these tichels and wear them on trips and around the house, but I am scared to wear them outside? Whats the standard, is it ok?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, May 21 2016, 10:59 pm
You can wear them and be yeshivish. Will you look yeshivish? That's a different story.
I consider myself yeshivish and while I don't have sinar tichels (well one jersely plain navy blue one from JdP), I wear sari scarves, etc and live OOT. People can think what they want to think, but we don't have problems with school placement here, so I'm not concerned. All that matters to me is what Hashem cares since I don't have that societal pressure for my kids' interests.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics