Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Changing doctors

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 7:07 am
We're moving in a few weeks. The place we're leaving just didn't work out for us. Nearly everything about it was wrong for us, so I'm glad we're leaving. There were only 2 good things about it: my ob and my kids' pediatrician. Both really are exceptional doctors. I asked them to recommend colleagues in the new place, so I'm sure they're good, and maybe this is just general moving anxiety talking, but I'm now starting to freak out that I'm giving up such great doctors. I'm not pregnant and not planning on it for awhile, but still worry about having someone good for next time. Pediatricians are more involved because kids get well visits and get sick from time to time, and I'm worried about starting over with someone new, especially coming with such high expectations. Please calm me down. I know we're making the right move but the doctor thing is making me crazy!

SmileUrJewish

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 12:54 pm
We moved recently and I found that the most helpful thing for me in terms of finding new doctors was reading reviews online. There's a website called vitals.com that was incredibly helpful, and I am so happy with every one of my doctors I've found through it. Hatzlacha!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 1:10 pm
We have moved several times, and I have to tell you starting over with new doctors is the single most difficult factor about moving for us. I'm probably not calming you down, but saying I can relate and give you some HUGS!
My advice is - don't' expect to find the same awesome doctors, but do hope for some great ones. This way you won't be too disappointed.

Amarante

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 1:14 pm
Did your doctors provide recommendations?

Unless you have the best insurance in the world, you are going to be limited by who is in the network and what is geographically convenient.

I trust doctor's recommendations more than people unless it is someone who I know is an astute person.

In checking out doctors when everything else fails, I check where they went to School, did their residency, whether they are Board certified and which hospitals they are affiliated with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating