Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cooktop in the corner?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 7:57 pm
Anyone have it? Do u like it? Anything you don't like about it?
Tia

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:13 pm
I have a 2 burner cook top near the end of the counter, 8 inches (or whatever is the least amount of space allowed before the edge) from the fridge. It serves its purpose. I don't use it much. Mostly for scrambled eggs and the water kettle. I have a convection microwave overhead.

ETA: it is not in a corner, it's at the edge.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:16 pm
5 burner cooktop in corner. Love it because I hate the dead corners. (Other corner has a sink).

Required a custom cabinet on top and done ingenuity with a vent.

sariti

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:23 pm
It's not usually a problem, you just have to make sure it is at least a foot away from your cabinet or whatever you have in the corner so it doesn't ruin it and also make sure there is enough space for big pots to sit on the burners without touching the wall

L K

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 4:06 pm
What type of base cabinet does cooktop go into: with a drawer on top or only door? Meaning does its depth interfere with what's underneath?

Does cabinet have to match the cooktop in width or could it be wider, eg 12" cooktop in a 15" or 18" cabinet?

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 5:36 pm
My cooktop went over a regular cabinet with drawer, (the back of drawer was cut a little to make room for the wires, but don't interfere with the stuff in the drawer.) Width can be any size.

L K

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 6:24 pm
workaholicmama wrote:
My cooktop went over a regular cabinet with drawer, (the back of drawer was cut a little to make room for the wires, but don't interfere with the stuff in the drawer.) Width can be any size.

Do you have a 2- or 4- burner one?
I've just seen some 12" ones in the store and they look rather small, definitely not big enough for a 2-burner griddle.

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 7:29 pm
I have a four burner, but am not happy cause each burner is too small for a lg frying pan

L K

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 11:27 pm
workaholicmama wrote:
I have a four burner, but am not happy cause each burner is too small for a lg frying pan

I was thinking of a 2-burner for a less-used milchig area. In my current place, I've been mostly using one burner with a 12" pan, and sometimes a double griddle over 2 burners. I see that such griddle won't fit over 12" stovetop. However, going for a 24" would leave me with less counterspace on an already short stretch. Just the 12" looks kind of like toy kitchen to me, kwim? Like, what kind of pot/pan fits onto it?
Maybe, I see using a 4-burner one and putting griddle across, left to right?

Any ideas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics