Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Costco has clementines from Israel
Previous  1  2

chani8

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 4:56 am
Raisin wrote:
Why would a non Jewish supermarket like Costco or tesco or marks and spencer care about ou certification? The vast majority of their customers are non Jewish.

They may not care but that doesn't mean they cannot track down the information.

Raisin

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 5:01 am
chani8 wrote:
They may not care but that doesn't mean they cannot track down the information.

I'm trying to imagine extracting this information from a worker in a typical supermarket. LOL Its just not worth the hassle for me. I'll just get my clementines or whatever from a different supermarket.

chani8

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 5:16 am
Raisin wrote:
I'm trying to imagine extracting this information from a worker in a typical supermarket. LOL Its just not worth the hassle for me. I'll just get my clementines or whatever from a different supermarket.

One would need to speak to the manager. If they know the fruit is EY then surely they can track the hechsher down.

There has to be a better way to address this issue than boycotting israeli produce.

DrMom

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 6:38 am
I am looking over my notes on shmitta from a series of shiurim I attended last year, and as far as I can see, one is not supposed to bring shmitta produce with kedushat shevi’it out of E"Y. HOWEVER, if someone else has already brought such produce to chu"l, you may eat it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions