Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Child Houdini

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 2:33 pm
I have a rambunctious 16 month old son who hates being cooped up. He loves being outside and fights going into the stroller or car seat. Now he's begun slipping out of the straps. I don't know how he does it. I'm not so bothered if he gets rid of the shoulder straps in the high chair or stroller, but it's a big problem that he can get himself out of the car seat straps. B"H he hasn't figured out how to open buckles yet! But even so, without the restraint of the shoulder straps he is obviously not sitting safely.

Of course, we've tightened the straps but he's still able to slip his skinny arms through somehow. It's not like he's wearing a puffy coat that compresses either. It's warm here and I just take him out in his clothing without a jacket.

Any suggestions?

lapmom

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 2:38 pm
I have the same issue with my 18 month old girl!!, also wouldn't mind hearing some suggestions.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 2:42 pm
Keep a button down shirt in the car with the sleeves through the straps. When you put the kid in, arms through the sleeves and then button over the straps and buckles. Tedious, but it works.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 3:05 am
Bumping this up because it's really getting to be a major problem.

Any other suggestions?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 3:23 am
Great thread title!

mary6

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 3:36 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch
Have you tried this?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 12 2016, 4:40 am
Try sewing a button to one strap, close to the collar, and a loop to the other. Since its older his chin, it may be hard for him to open.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics