Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Brooklyn people - need your input please!!

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 12:52 pm
Headed to NY, staying at the Park House hotel (12th and 48th I think?) and don't know the neighborhood at all really. I was able to look up several restaurants w/I walking distance....
Bleu, Orchidea, Cafe Paris, Spoons, China Glatt and Glatt a la Carte.... which would you recommend (or anything special I missed?)??

Also, really hoping to do a little clothes shopping for my daughters (age 6-10) while there. Anything close by and well priced? Mainly looking for variety of shells and pencil skirts, nothing fancy.

Lastly, we have our time pretty much well mapped out but still a little time to fill. Anything w/I walking distance that would be of interest to school aged kids?

THANKS!!

married123

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 1:16 pm
The hotel is in the heart of boro park. There are many stores right there. Theres carters, elzee, le bon and many more. If you are looking for a nicer restaurant I like the loft steakhouse 1306 40th street but you need to make reservations as they are usually full. You will see plenty of jews on thw Avenue and can ask for specifics when you get there. Enjoy your stay!

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
Headed to NY, staying at the Park House hotel (12th and 48th I think?) and don't know the neighborhood at all really. I was able to look up several restaurants w/I walking distance....
Bleu, Orchidea, Cafe Paris, Spoons, China Glatt and Glatt a la Carte.... which would you recommend (or anything special I missed?)??

Also, really hoping to do a little clothes shopping for my daughters (age 6-10) while there. Anything close by and well priced? Mainly looking for variety of shells and pencil skirts, nothing fancy.

Lastly, we have our time pretty much well mapped out but still a little time to fill. Anything w/I walking distance that would be of interest to school aged kids?

THANKS!!

loft is beautiful! spoons is great for milchigs try amnons if u want just pizza shoping u just gotta walk down 13th........

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 2:10 pm
Walk down 13th Ave. There are a ton of shops. All in one on 13/42 should have skirts. Check out the ice cream store on 13/36 st

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 2:45 pm
Definitely Loft.
From the list you mention Bleu is best for dairy.
Glatt a la carte is a bit of a walk (a short bus ride) on 18th Avenue, there is a junee there for good girls clothing.
Or elzee on 13th.

The ice cream house is actually on Church Avenue/36th Street/14th Avenue corner but not a far walk.

For an outing in the area, there isn't really that much to "do" other than shopping I the area but there is Prospect park which is a bus ride (or train ride) away.

doctorima

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 3:08 pm
For milchigs we really like Orchidea.

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 3:30 pm
Thank you, ladies! Very helpful. Smile

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 3:58 pm
to do you actually have to take bus,car, or train but if u want that theres quiet a few places in the area you could get to with a little drive

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 4:00 pm
Take them o schnitzi on new Utrecht and 54th they would love it

ProudMommie

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 4:00 pm
I used to live in Brooklyn and loved the Children's museum and Jewish Children's museum. Both places are wonderful and of course very different... but you will have to take a cab there... or a bus if you are adventurous. I haven't been there for a while so I don't know how the buses are..

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 4:09 pm
Are the kids less then 12? Across the street is the jungle gym. It has a ball pit and some arcades.

jflower

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 8:09 pm
Orchidea on 12th avenue between 48th - 49th Streets has a buffet lunch every day from 12 - 3pm. There's soup, fish, pasta, blintzes, sushi, salads, coffee & dessert. It's $25 per person & a fun experience (and delicious food.)

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 10:10 pm
There's a yummy ice cream store with all kinds of novel ice cream, shakes and concoctions, called Sprinkles, both on 13 Ave and 52nd (I think that's the street, anyone knows otherwise), and 18 and 55 street.

You should totally try it out. They have a fantastic menu!

ETA: Cafe K and Corner Cafe are both great places for breakfast/bruch/lunch. Cake K is on 18th and e3rd, Corner Cafe is on Ditmas and Dahill.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 10:27 pm
There are good deals for Orchieda and for China Glatt on Dans Deals. It will cost you much less at either of these restaurants with the Dans Deals Discount! Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics