Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
ISO Coach Training Program - Distance Learning ICF certified

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 2:06 pm
Has anyone here trained as a life coach through an ICF accredited distance learning program? Which program? How did you choose your program?

Tweedy

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 11:20 pm
Pm me

fiji

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 11:50 pm
refuah institute

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 1:12 am
Tweedy I'd rather not out myself. Can you provide some information here?

fiji, did you train at Refuah? Did you consider other programs first? How did you choose? I see it's AAPC accredited but I can't find the AAPC accreditation criteria anywhere. Do you know what the professional standards are? How much was tuition? Their website doesn't say.

Has anyone else trained through an ICF accredited program through distance learning?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 7:45 am
Refua Institute is not ICF certified.
I am training at Coach U (coachinc.com) and am really enjoying it. Since its ICF certified it counts towards the requirements of the ACC which is the first level of certification.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:30 am
FYI "coaching" is NOT a protected term. Anyone can choose to be called a coach. No training required (but they can't claim "certified by..."). Your 8 year old nephew who picks his nose and My neighbors parakeet can just become a coach - there are no requirements.
Not a great career move- just go for a MA in counseling or other degree...

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:49 am
amother wrote:
FYI "coaching" is NOT a protected term. Anyone can choose to be called a coach. No training required (but they can't claim "certified by..."). Your 8 year old nephew who picks his nose and My neighbors parakeet can just become a coach - there are no requirements.
Not a great career move- just go for a MA in counseling or other degree...

Thank you, that's true. There are independent certifying bodies with standards, best professional practices, and codes of ethics, just like certifying boards in the medical field for example, that can tell you what a coach holding their certification is qualified and competent to do. They also field complaints against their certified coaches if necessary. Sure, anyone can hang up a shingle. Don't hire one of those as your coach. There are industry standards. If one is not exclusively focused on the frum niche market, there are excellent global opportunities for a good coach in this age of the internet and even more opportunity for business coaches. Coaching is not counseling.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
Refua Institute is not ICF certified.
I am training at Coach U (coachinc.com) and am really enjoying it. Since its ICF certified it counts towards the requirements of the ACC which is the first level of certification.

I've been looking at Coach U among a few others. Can you tell me what the classes are like? Are the instructors good at coaching and at instruction? Easy to listen to? How much interaction is there? How do you find the content? What made you choose Coach U over other distance learning ICF certified programs? Do you feel you are acquiring skills to be a great coach? Anything else you can share? Thanks!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 8:29 am
The classes are teleclasses and depending on the facilitator, there is lots of fieldwork and buddy coaching.You can take their one time class on Becoming a coach to see if its for you. It is much more intense then I had realized but I am really learning a lot. The practical application will depend a lot on how much you study, participate in fieldwork, if you are pursuing certification or not and if you have a mentor coach(I do.They have special rates)

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 8:30 am
Just wanted to add that the instructors are generally of a high calibre.I have met some amazing people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics