Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Galapagos or New Zealand

tichellady

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 6:42 pm
Have you been to either location on vacation? Considering traveling there with my husband ( no kids) sometime this summer. I know New Zealand will be in winter- I have heard it's beautiful then but I am a bit nervous about the cold. Would love to hear about your trips if you went and what you did for food, Shabbos, etc

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 6:49 pm
I went to New Zealand in July. It's cold, but in a crisp way, not miserable or biting. Beautiful country. There are Jews there, not many, but some. There's a community in Auckland, so you'd want to spend Shabbos there. The community on the South Island is even smaller, there's one shul on the whole island (ironically located in a city called Christchurch). Also, there is a time in July that a Jewish camp from the states visits (I went to this camp as a teen), you could contact Rabbi Benzion Scheinfeld for general NZ info, he's been running it for like 20 years. I loved it, NZ is a beautiful country.

tichellady

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 7:12 pm
Thank you!

rainbow dash

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 7:12 pm
new zealand is the most beautiful country in the world. I was born there but lived there for only 8 years.So I cant give you any info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics