Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Night waking

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 2:21 am
The last month or so, the sleep has been all messed up. I thought maybe he doesn't need a nap (he's 2.5) but it got worse without, so he naps for now (not so long, 45 mins to an hour). I tried playing with bedtime- a little earlier, a little later, no help. Tried rewards, he can't think that far ahead. Tried the OK to wake clock, he just ignores it. If he was just coming into my bed and going back to sleep, it would be one thing and we'd just let it go, but he's getting up around 2 or 3 every night and wants to play! And won't go back to sleep in anyone's bed. I am falling apart from this, I have a 4 month old baby who get up 2 times a night which I'd be able to handle (because that's normal) if not for this. Tonight, he managed to wake up both the baby and the oldest. I became so enraged that I screamed in his face to go away and leave me alone. He got scared and ran off to his room, it's a half hour later and hes still in there but I can hear him still crying. It took me awhile to get the others back to sleep and I'm just not interested in taking care of the toddler who started it all. Please help, I'm desperate!

momaleh

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 2:42 am
We put a small mattress next to our beds - would he be able to lay there while you go back to sleep, even if hes awake?

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 8:22 am
The problem is he won't lay down quietly awake. He wants to play. Chatters away in a loud voice, asked for a million things, then starts to whine and fuss when we don't go along with it. And this morning, he's up and bouncing around full of energy while I'm about to drop dead.

shacn

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 9:39 am
I have no advice as I'm newly married with no kids yet- but that is really adorable!!! Lol Smile best of luck with finding the right solution!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics