Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Lightweight a must!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 5:44 pm
Looking for a double stroller... Don't want to spend a crazy amount. It must be lightweight and fit in a sedan trunk.
I have a newborn and a toddler who is a great walker but I want something for when we need to walk long distances...

I have a Chicco infant car seat if that matters.
Must be lightweight! Decent basket a plus but it doesn't need to be huge...

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 5:50 pm
What about the citymini?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 9:13 pm
flowerpower wrote:
What about the citymini?

Definitely not light.""

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 3:41 am
The Valco Snap double and Uppababy G-Link are the lightest weight doubles you can get both about 24 lb. One is an umbrella and one is a full double - so depends how often you plan to use it and for what. G-Link is good if you need to store it between use without taking up space, Valco is more of a frequent use type item, it has a bigger basket as can be expected, but even when folded it is huge. I think it would still fit in the trunk though... they are both good quality and suitable from birth.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
The Valco Snap double and Uppababy G-Link are the lightest weight doubles you can get both about 24 lb. One is an umbrella and one is a full double - so depends how often you plan to use it and for what. G-Link is good if you need to store it between use without taking up space, Valco is more of a frequent use type item, it has a bigger basket as can be expected, but even when folded it is huge. I think it would still fit in the trunk though... they are both good quality and suitable from birth.

Thanks! Can you post a link to the valco one? I can't find it on amazon.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:08 am
http://www.pishposhbaby.com/va......html

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:20 am
Wow that is expensive a and I will have to order it sight unseen since I live nowhere near NJ. No one else seems to sell it...
Plus it is expensive- over $500??

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:26 am
I just looked and it has been discontinued! I think there will be a new version next year. Even pishposhbaby don't have it in stock now that I've checked... shame I know everyone who has it is happy with it.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:51 pm
I have a g-link for my twins. I don't think it takes a car seat, BUT:
It's super light
Folds easily and very compact
Is a decent push for an umbrella stroller
The kids are comfortable in it
The basket is hard to access but again, decent for an umbrella stroller
It looks pretty

Rosemarie

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 5:24 pm
amother wrote:
I just looked and it has been discontinued! I think there will be a new version next year. Even pishposhbaby don't have it in stock now that I've checked... shame I know everyone who has it is happy with it.

I was considering getting this carriage, bit didn't know anyone who has it to ask of they like it, or to give it a test run... wish I knew people who had it.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 6:06 pm
amother wrote:
I have a g-link for my twins. I don't think it takes a car seat, BUT:
It's super light
Folds easily and very compact
Is a decent push for an umbrella stroller
The kids are comfortable in it
The basket is hard to access but again, decent for an umbrella stroller
It looks pretty

But it's also like 500... For that price I could get the Graco lightweight one, the car seat to fit in, and have cash left over...

amother
Teal

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 8:30 pm
amother wrote:
But it's also like 500... For that price I could get the Graco lightweight one, the car seat to fit in, and have cash left over...

ITA, just telling you about my experience with it. I use it exclusively for the car but price wasn't really a deterrent for me.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 10:28 am
Anyone have the Chicco double? Or the graco one?
I need one for an infant...

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 10:39 am
personally, I have used the citi mini for a few kids and it is VERY light weight. It pushes like a dream and folds so easily. I am short and not strong at all but did not find it too difficult to get the citi mini into my trunk.

I saw this online if you do not want to spend. It has good reviews.
http://www.target.com/p/j-is-f.....aw.ds
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics