Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp Palgai vs Ashira

Braina Foshos

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 7:30 pm
They're both talent camps for girls in Brooklyn, and I want to send my girls to one of them but can't decide which.
What do you know about these camps? Which one comes recommended more? What's the difference between the two?
Thanx!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 9:19 pm
ashira is more expensive

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 10:08 pm
Well Shira Chaddasha was the camp last year they split into 2 the program director opened her own called Palgai and Shira Chaddasha now became Ashira.
Well reviews fromlast year was that SC was really bad the prog was horrid the girls that came in 2nd half only got minor parts......

Truth is don't think anyone really knows which one will be better bec off the program director was a "witch" thats what the girls say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 10:10 pm
OOC, who's the director of Ashira?
I haven't seen it advertised anywhere.

mommy of boys

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
Well Shira Chaddasha was the camp last year they split into 2 the program director opened her own called Palgai and Shira Chaddasha now became Ashira.
Well reviews fromlast year was that SC was really bad the prog was horrid the girls that came in 2nd half only got minor parts......

Truth is don't think anyone really knows which one will be better bec off the program director was a "witch" thats what the girls say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!

The program director from shira chadashah that opened palgai now hired a new director for palgai- or so I heard.

Braina Foshos

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 11:24 pm
Thanx so much, you've all been helpful. I spoke to both directors already; Ashira's director is Shevi Rottenberg, and Palgai's is Draizy Zeiger.
I think Rottenberg is British.
They both sounded really nice, but for some reason Palgai is speaking to me more, just dont really know why...

chavie11219

Post Mon, Apr 22 2013, 2:58 pm
can you please share the number of camp palgai, I cant find the number the anywhere...thanks in advance!!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Aug 23 2015, 12:08 am
those who were in both, or in one, can you tell us mre about it? is the program fun do they go on trips? do they play sports? water parks overnights? are the girls chasidish?

brenda

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 1:41 pm
Does anyone have camp palgei number?

Daniellast

Post Thu, May 12 2016, 1:57 pm
brenda wrote:
Does anyone have camp palgei number?

They advertised in the link this week.

maven

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 10:48 am
Their number is 718 749 0044.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 1:55 pm
They are both very expensive day camps, more than double the price of the regular Boro Park day camp.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 2:34 pm
[quote="amother"]They are both very expensive day camps, more than double the price of the regular Boro Park day camp.[/qu

That's because they provide a talent program, they have longer hours and superb trips. It's not the regular day camp. Your daughter can use her summer to bring out and excel in talent areas she likes, like music, acting, singing, arts and more.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 2:58 pm
[quote="amother"]
amother wrote:
They are both very expensive day camps, more than double the price of the regular Boro Park day camp.[/qu

That's because they provide a talent program, they have longer hours and superb trips. It's not the regular day camp. Your daughter can use her summer to bring out and excel in talent areas she likes, like music, acting, singing, arts and more.

Yes, I heard it's a great program.
I don't think that the hours are longer. They finish day camp Mon-Thurs - at 5 but they don't have day camp on Fridays

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:57 pm
The price is hardly more than the regular programs, its $750 for a half or $1395 for a whole summer, from what I know the other camps are barely less than that, its a great teen program can replace sleep away older campers, great for girls that are outgrowing the typical programs. they don't have Fridays, but the longer days are great!

maven

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:58 pm
Ashira is no longer around (think they were only open for 1 year)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children