Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Denial- a theoretical discussion

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:19 pm
This is a theoretical discussion about how we approach new ideas. Vaccination is mentioned, so if you are sick of the topic please move on.

I would like to compare how we think about vaxxing to how we think about child abuse, if this bothers you please move on.

sticking our heads in the sand.
denial.
anger and bullying.

these phrases have been tossed about with regard to whether we are in denial about child abuse in our communities.
it has also been tossed around with regard to how anti vaxxers feel about vaxxers.

antivaxxers claim that the ones in charge are covering up scandals and those who refuse to hear about vaxxing related injuries are in denial. how is this any different to those who claim rabbinical authorities are covering up abuse scandals, and those who refuse to believe it are in denial?

in both examples we have the victims begging to be believed. on both sides we have subjective facts that are believed to be true.

in both examples we have those who try to shut down conversation using insults and ad hominem attacks.

discuss.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 2:12 pm
I love your comparison!
but dont be surprised. give it a few minutes and someone will post 'how dare you compare something scientifically proven to abuse...'

imasoftov

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 2:21 pm
http://www.guinnessworldrecord.....pcorn

The largest box of popcorn was achieved by Cineplexx (International) with a volume of 52.59m³ (1857 ft³), which was filled in 1 hour and 57 minutes at an event outside Avenue Mall in Osijek, Croatia, on 16 April 2011. The event was organised by Cineplexx (International) to celebrate the opening of two new Malls, complete with two new Cineplexx cinema's in Croatia. During the first 30 minutes of the attempt, the box was filled with popcorn by foster children that had been invited to take part and then after a team of Cineplexx employees worked tirelessly to fill the remainder of the box. The popcorn was popped and bagged inside the Cinema and bought out to be used. There was also an independent surveyor on hand throughout the attempt and he was able to show me how he calculated the measurements of the total volume.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 2:23 pm
Less than 2% of children lie about being abused.
Something happened, they tell, people can deny

With vacc--the victim themselves cannot prove that they have been harmed, that is already a guess. They tell, people deny.

TERRIBLE COMPARISON. Shame on you

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 2:26 pm

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
Less than 2% of children lie about being abused.
Something happened, they tell, people can deny

With vacc--the victim themselves cannot prove that they have been harmed, that is already a guess. They tell, people deny.

TERRIBLE COMPARISON. Shame on you

Less than 2% of parents lie about being their kids being hurt by vaccines.
Something happened, they tell, people can deny.

leah233

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 2:34 pm
Whenever anyone resorts to telling me "You're in denial/close minded/brainwashed/don't want to learn etc. "I perceive them as trying to manipulate both me and themselves into thinking something rather then really analyze the issue on it's merits.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
Less than 2% of parents lie about being their kids being hurt by vaccines.
Something happened, they tell, people can deny.

My 2% is a well known universally accepted study.
My son came home crying with blood coming out of his tush and hardly being able to walk. He explained that his rebbe held him down and put his "thing in and out of his tush and it felt like a knife". That is called UNDENIABLE TRUTH.

Please don't make up statistics, you are making my blood boil.

And I will now stop watching this thread.

suremom

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
My 2% is a well known universally accepted study.
My son came home crying with blood coming out of his tush and hardly being able to walk. He explained that his rebbe held him down and put his "thing in and out of his tush and it felt like a knife". That is called UNDENIABLE TRUTH.

Please don't make up statistics, you are making my blood boil.

And I will now stop watching this thread.

my friends child didnt get vaxxed until the age of 2. she got 1 vaccine and her child had a bad reaction that day. the doctor denied it saying correlation does not equal causation.
if you, our dr. and all others are in denial, you cant create a study. but that doesnt make it untrue. that makes it denial!

imasoftov

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 3:02 pm
I'm really tempted to stay up watching this thread until it gets locked because I know that if I go away something really outrageous is going to get deleted before I see it. But I have to go do something else now, so before I sign out I'm going to ask, any news with the Sanhedria Murchevet abuse thing?

greenfire

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 3:18 pm
you can all fight back & forth ... it won't make any of these totally different issues disappear any time soon

denial, abuse, born healthy turned special needs, vaccinated & not vaccinated, respectable looking people in cloak molesting people,

there are also murderers, enablers, and simple folk in the world ... gosharuni

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 2:45 pm
imasoftov wrote:
But I have to go do something else now, so before I sign out I'm going to ask, any news with the Sanhedria Murchevet abuse thing?

There is an open case with the police and the "FBI" of Israel. As of now, they have not found any proof of an organized cult or an abuse ring.
Kids were abused but it does not seem to be organized crime as people suspected.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 4:28 pm
In the US, a doctor was sued for delivering a baby with downs' syndrome. Motrin got sued for causing symptoms that were much more likely caused by the illness that it was being given for. Vaccines have been blamed for autism, which presents itself in the years when most vaccines are given, whether a child is vaccinated or not.

Denial....by whom?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 4:54 pm
Chayalle wrote:
In the US, a doctor was sued for delivering a baby with downs' syndrome. Motrin got sued for causing symptoms that were much more likely caused by the illness that it was being given for. Vaccines have been blamed for autism, which presents itself in the years when most vaccines are given, whether a child is vaccinated or not.

Denial....by whom?

Actually that happened in the PNW where I live. The Dr. was not sued for delivering a child with DS. The parents knew that the child had DS and some other catastrophic medical conditions. The parents had a DNR for the child and the Dr. disregarded it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics