Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Looking for my Biological Family. Anyone know of them??!
Previous  1  2

mazal555

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 7:04 pm
Bruria wrote:
I also second the possibility of Yemenite, based on the location you mentioned.

Maybe, but we don't know how old OP is. The demographics may have been very different when she was born

mfb

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 7:21 pm
mazal555 wrote:
Maybe, but we don't know how old OP is. The demographics may have been very different when she was born

Op says she was adopted 22 years ago.

mazal555

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 7:34 pm
mfb wrote:
Op says she was adopted 22 years ago.

Well. This is a hazard of Reading While Tired Wink

sourstix

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 7:37 pm
but op isnt even sure she wants to have anything with her bio mom. so why is she spending time looking for her? and also if she sent you emails then can you send her back? it should show where its coming from.

op you need to decide if you want to really make a relationship first. you say you dont have expectations so why spend the time looking for them?

Optione

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 7:53 pm
sourstix wrote:
but op isnt even sure she wants to have anything with her bio mom. so why is she spending time looking for her? and also if she sent you emails then can you send her back? it should show where its coming from.

op you need to decide if you want to really make a relationship first. you say you dont have expectations so why spend the time looking for them?

1. Is there a post that I don't see? Where does she talk about not wanting a relationship and emails? (Totally serious in asking, not sarcastic)
2. I have adopted relatives. They all wanted to know who their biological families were even though they don't want a relationship with them. There are no hard feelings, it's just the way it is.
3. It's important information that people want to know; I think it gives closure to the "what if they never had me adopted." Having information is a very different desire than having a relationship.

*edited for typographical error

Last edited by Optione on Thu, May 26 2016, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 8:00 pm
Optione wrote:
1. Is there a post that I don't see? Where does she talk about not wanting a relationship and emails? (Totally serious in asking, not sarcastic)
2. I have adopted relatives. They all wanted to know who their biological families were even though they don't want a relationship with them. There are no hard feelings, it's just the way it is.
3. It's important information that people want to know; I think it gives closer to the "what if they never had me adopted." Having information is a very different desire than having a relationship.

There's another thread that comes up under related topics...it looks like a response to that thread.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 8:59 pm
OP, the most important question is how you came to be adopted by your parents. agency? private adoption? through a rav/askan? advertisement? Social services? There has to be a paper trail, or people who were involved 22 years ago with the adoption. Ask your parents how the adoption happened and then maybe you can trace it further. Unless you already did this and got nowhere?

mirror

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 1:58 pm
Op, I am davening for your to find your biological parents. Please keep us updated.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 3:33 pm
Many years ago an adopted relative of mine put an ad in a Jewish magazine or newspaper with the few details she knew about her birth — and found cousins! They came to DS#1's wedding.

Wishing you much hatzlacha in your search!

mfb

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 3:53 pm
What about through the lost and found in hamodia. They have an article every few weeks where you can send in a short letter with as many details as possible, and if someone can help they contact you through them.

BasMelech120

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 7:36 pm
sourstix wrote:

If u lookup on tvguide u could see there many people were helped not everyone was happy with their outcome tho

My thoughts exactly... Finding biological parents might not be the fairy tale ending that one might imagine... Hug

CPenzias

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 10:07 pm
Look up Troy Dunn. Maybe he can help. Be also has (or had) a tv show called The Locator.

Katie B

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 7:19 pm
thanks Very Happy
FranticFrummie wrote:
Big hugs and lots of luck!

My DD is from an open adoption, and her birth parents are not on her original birth certificate. Her medical records are at the hospital where she was born, and a copy is filed at the county courthouse where we finalized the adoption.

I feel for you so much. It was really important for me to have an open adoption with DD, and important for her birth parents, too. We never wanted DD to go through what you are experiencing.

I wish I had more info to help you on your quest. Davening for you to have the best possible outcome. Hug Hug Hug

OOTBubby

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 8:26 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Many years ago an adopted relative of mine put an ad in a Jewish magazine or newspaper with the few details she knew about her birth — and found cousins! They came to DS#1's wedding.

Wishing you much hatzlacha in your search!

DH's grandfather went to EY in the early years of the state to try to find relatives that might have survived WWII (particularly he was looking for 1 brother). He put ads in the local papers. While he didn't find that brother (he did find out what had happened to him); he found many cousins and other relatives.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics