Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Jerusalem gate hotel

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:51 pm
Im going to jerusalem for a week in the summer and I am looking for a nice, clean, yet inexpensive place to stay. This hotel looks pretty nice in the pictures, and the pricing is decent ($86 for 2 adults, inc. breakfast[rav landau/eida chareidus]).
My husband likes nice things, and he's pretty picky with hotels and stuff. anyone who's been there; what's the place really like? Are there any hotels in this price range that are better?
TIA

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 2:15 pm
anyone?

PAMOM

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 4:20 pm
Looking at Tripadvisor suggests that the hotel isn't in good shape. I don't know any place for that price though. Try looking at a site like Expedia or Tripadvisor that has lots of reviews. You'll have to go to the actual hotel website to check kashrut.

Fox

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 5:15 pm
This is where my DH stays whenever he's in Israel. The primary benefit is the location: as I understand it, it's right across from the central bus terminal; is close to the light rail; and connects to the Center One mall.

From his descriptions of the rooms and service, it is not a luxurious place. It's clean, but the amenities are pretty basic. The service is, well, Israeli. Shabbos meals and a minyan are available.

It's the kind of place that is perfect if you don't plan to spend a lot of time hanging out in your room or in the hotel. If you're looking for more of a "hotel experience" place, you may be disappointed.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 9:02 pm
thanks pamom and fox.
anyone else thats been there have anything to say about their experience?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 9:05 pm
double post
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics