Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toilet training in preschool

amother
Pink

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 9:54 pm
What is normal in respect to the morah helping with toilet training?
She is telling me we can't send my daughter in underwear until my daughter will go completey independently , without reminders. My daughter 2 year old, is staying dry all afternoon but she is very small and needs help wiping and climbing on and off the toilet. I feel like we will never get her toilet trained if we can't have some cooperation from her morning babysitter.
Am I being unreasonable?

987gold

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 10:03 pm
Yes, she needs some help, but you need to teach her to become as independent as possible as fast as possible. Use a step stool and teach her how to go on and off by herself, teach her to wipe herself, you can check to see if child did a good job. Encourage independence. If she needs to go, tell child to go. Mom can't always be available to take her. That is part of being trained. In the beginning, it is understandable to encourage, remind, and assist child verbally or physically.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 10:45 pm
Teachers need a separate licence to help with toilet training. This is a law to protect from abuse. Most teachers do not have it, but you can ask.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 12:49 am
amother wrote:
Teachers need a separate licence to help with toilet training. This is a law to protect from abuse. Most teachers do not have it, but you can ask.

what??? where?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics