Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Rheumatologist in Brooklyn?

strawberry cola

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 2:43 pm
Can anyone recommend a good rheumatologist in Brooklyn? Thanks very much

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 2:48 pm
Dr. Carl Schiff is excellent. He is worth waiting for.
If he is not available I hear his male associate it great too. But do not see his female associate Dr. Margulies under any circumstance.
Good luck

debbie321

Post Sun, May 08 2016, 5:00 pm
I second dr carl schiff.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:06 am
Can you explain what happened with Dr. Margulies? I was just recommended by ECHO. Need someone soon and Dr. Schiff doesn't have openings for a month. Any other recommendations?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:22 am
amother wrote:
Can you explain what happened with Dr. Margulies? I was just recommended by ECHO. Need someone soon and Dr. Schiff doesn't have openings for a month. Any other recommendations?

Dr. Margulies patronized me, told me I was too young and beautiful to be sick, asked if I was sure I want knocking my knuckles against the wall to make them so red, hot and swollen, pulled me around in circles each week I visited her for 2 months with possible diagnosis circling around from absolutely nothing wrong to you have debilitating lupus and round and round we went. The anti-inflammatory medications which she had me on while she tried to figure out what was wrong didn't work, the cortisone injection she gave and said I'd have relief for 4 days didn't work. She never did get to the bottom of my condition and I ran for my life. If she would have helped me I would have swallowed all the abuse but she had me on an emotional roller coaster with her various wrong diagnosis.
BH I scraped some money together (went behind in rent) and went to see Dr. Harry Speira, a leading rheumatologist who does not take insurance, in desperation. He paved the way for me toward diagnosis and proper treatment and after seeing me twice he sent me to Dr. Schiff (his protégé) so I wouldn't have to continue paying him out of pocket and traveling to the city, and made arrangements with the office so I wouldn't be uncomfortable switching from Margulies to Schiff and being confronted in the office.
Guess what. Later while I was at a visit to Dr. Schiff I saw her walking out another woman and she was saying similar uncomfortable things like who would think someone so young and beautiful could be so sick. And when I started a support group I met 2 other women who went through what I did with Dr. Margulies.
I end up providing feedback to my primary care physician who sent me to Dr. Margulies in the first place. He told me he only sent me there because I was 23 and very sick and he was able to get me in to see her that same day. He figured she could help me.
I hope she has changed since and that is why echo is recommending her.
I hear that the other newer male doctor at Dr. Schiff's office is supposed to be good. See if you can get in there.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 8:50 am
Scheers-Masters, Joshua MD ???

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
Scheers-Masters, Joshua MD ???

Yes that appears to be him
http://doctor.webmd.com/doctor.....20305

strawberry cola

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 11:15 am
my relative ended up going to dr masters and was very pleased!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries