Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Hate leaving my kids

Busy as a bee

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:47 am
for some reason I hate when I have to leave my kids with a babysitter.
When they are sleeping I don't care so much but when they are awake it makes me feel like such a bad mother. I don't mean their babysitters or playgroup that they go to when I work. I mean when I have a wedding or something (like tonight) and I have to leave at 5. I feel like Im running out on my kids. I rarely do it but I still feel so guilty...

VENT

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:51 am
I don't understand the difference between you going to work, and you going to a simcha.

Do you feel like you're not "allowed" to have fun, and you're only allowed to go to work? Trust me, your kids will survive if you leave the house for a couple of hours. If they love their baby sitter, they'll probably have a great time. You should have a great time, too!

Separation anxiety is not healthy for a parent OR a kid. It just creates even more anxiety by reinforcing it.

chocolatecake

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:51 am
its because you are a good mother Smile there is no better way for our kids to make us feel bad than for them to cry and scream as we leave the house and the babysitter is standing in the door

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:00 am
chocolatecake wrote:
its because you are a good mother Smile there is no better way for our kids to make us feel bad than for them to cry and scream as we leave the house and the babysitter is standing in the door

LOL! I never had that with DD. She doesn't even look back, she's too excited to have a new experience. Maybe because I stayed home with her up until kindergarten, and didn't send her out to playgroup or preschool, she felt more secure. Just a theory. On the other hand, it could have nothing to do with that, and just be her basic personality.

Busy as a bee

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 12:32 pm
I dont think that its cuz I shouldn't have fun but rather I've already left them for so long cuz I had to work and work is a necessity. Going to a wedding and missing bedtime with my yummys is not....
Honestly, if I stayed home all day I wouldn't feel so bad but I don't get home till after usually and to run out again at 5:30, yeah I feel guilty.

observer

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 11:58 am
It's a good thing, our kids are priorities in our lives, as they should be Smile

I avoid leaving them as much as I am able to. My kids are sensitive kids and don't love having babysitters, to say the least. We try to only go out once they are sleeping, unless the timing is an issue and it's something very important.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics