Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cholov Yisroel - travelling in Europe

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:51 pm
Where can we get cholov yisroel milk in mainland Europe?

Also, does anyone know of any dairy farms where we could watch the milking?

Raisin

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:57 pm
Most kosher stores sell UHT chalav yisrael, as well as fresh chalav yisrael in bigger communities. In Paris I was surprised to notice they only have UHT milk but that might have changed.

There is a store in antwerp that ships all over. http://www.kosher4u.eu/

They have milk cheese etc.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 9:24 am
Exactly as Raisin said. I've seen long-life UHT CY milk in 1litre plastic bottles, comes in full fat/semi-skim/skim varieties. I think they're all French brands--at least the ones I spotted in Paris/Italy/Switzerland. Funny I also agree I don't recall seeing fresh CY milk in Paris. Obviously not in the continent (heck we could be even out of EU for that matter!) but you can definitely get fresh CY milk in London and Manchester.

As for a place to watch milking, there are some farms in Switzerland that let tourists visit. Though majority are not for milking (which is done mechanically these days, and farms are rather reluctant to upset their cows with strangers) but more for cheese making (which obviously won't be kosher). I've been to such farms in Vaud and Berner Oberland.

Another suggestion is to contact and ask local Chabad shulchim, as they often manage to get CY under their own supervision.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics