Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Etka Gittel's story in Binah

kollel wife

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:45 am
Just need to tell you Scotty - the interaction today between Fishel and Laizer was amazing!!!

workaholicmama

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 12:36 pm
I know should really send this to the Binah office, but here it's simpler...
I usually save my unopened binah for Friday night. Last week when I saw that we'll get some advice from Fish I tore it open right away as I couldn't wait for this article. Etka Gittel's serial is always the first I read. Keep it up!!
(And due to the holiday I will have to wait another day till the mailman brings me this week's issue.... but you can be sure after this thread I will have to tear it open right away😃)

agreer

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 1:16 pm
I really like the story too but I find the graphics get in the way.... None of the other stories have background images on the text. Why does this?

Otherwise very nice!

workaholicmama

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 2:33 pm
Ooh so I got my binah. Tore it open and read the serial. Etka Gittel is one great writer!!! I love how the characters come to life!! How I relate to each one as a real person. I have a very soft spot for Jack for the first time we've met him, as I personally know a "Jack". How I wish there was a "Fish" in his life to help him get back on track.

seeker

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 7:02 pm
I teared up this week.

This is a perfect example of how to sensitively explore an important issue from multiple angles without beating you over the head with it. The issue does pervade the entire story but it's not monotonous. I think there was another serial about bullying that I thought was pretty interesting at the time but this just shows a whole new way of approaching issues through fiction.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 6:43 am
I meant to say Jack, not Laizer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room