Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Egg Yolk Ravioli Freezing?

little_mage

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 3:29 pm
So I've been eyeing an egg yolk ravioli recipe for a while. I want to try it for Shavous. However, ravioli is one of the few foods I can get away with freezing, and it's a time intensive process. In order to make my life easier, I'd like to make it early next week when I have have time and energy. However, I'm not sure how it will freeze. Any one have any experience?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 4:09 pm
It's too delicate a dish with a mostly raw yolk. Do not freeze as it won't taste good. You can freeze the dough ahead of time though.

mille

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 4:40 pm
I disagree. I did some work in a kitchen of a high end restaurant many years back and one dish we had was egg yolk ravioli. We froze the yolks first because that's the easiest way to make the ravioli without it breaking, then we put them in the fresh dough, cut the ravioli and froze. We dropped into the boiling water frozen. They were exceedingly delicious and you couldn't tell they were frozen - this is a good way to do it.

I've made fresh homemade pasta for yom tov, I always make it ahead of time because I use a kitchenaid attachment and I freeze it in little nests (since I do fettuccine). Just freeze it with lots of flour or corn meal on a baking sheet, then transfer to a ziploc bag once frozen.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 5:03 pm
Cool! Thanks for sharing mille.

mille

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 11:29 am
ra_mom wrote:
Cool! Thanks for sharing mille.

I do agree though that totally fresh is probably absolutely best Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals