Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Good but Cheap Tablet for Social Media Posting

HooRYou

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 8:57 am
Hi,

I don't currently have a tablet and I do all my work on my laptop. I was thinking that I might have more mobility and ability to do the social media posting part of my job on a tablet, especially if I can get a cheap one. What do you recommend? Does anyone use the $50 Kindle Fire for social media posting? Is it up to the task?

Thanks!!

little_mage

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 2:46 pm
I have a kindle fire that I use all the time. I don't particuarlly like typing on it, but I suspect that will be a problem regardless of the tablet that you use. You don't say exactly what sort of posts you'll be making, but some versions of the fire don't have a camera. Mine doesn't, but my children's newer ones do. Just make sure that you have one if that's important to you.

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:43 pm
Social media posting is not generally considered a very heavy task, as far as I know. Any device should be able to do it.

I don't know the volume of work you'll be doing but since you have something full size and are looking now for portable, I'd consider maybe using a smartphone instead. Tablets are not known for being comfortable for typing, and if you have a lot of text to post it might actually be easier on a phone which is made for text messaging. I bought a simple prepaid phone on sale for $20 and I think I'd be perfectly comfortable posting to social media from that - though I do it personally, not on a professional level. No idea if that would be different.

I have a Kindle fire, too, and it's quite a nice little tablet. I don't like typing on it, though, I use it more for reading and some other non-typing apps. Not sure if there's something you can download to make typing easier, I know some operating systems do but I never looked into this. It has a camera which I barely use but I don't think it's anything great.

HooRYou

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 3:50 am
Thanks for the responses. I don't need to take my own photos, but I do need to add photos and possibly other media to all my posts. It invloves downloading them sometimes, so I know I would need the memory card expansion. It just seems like a great idea for $50, if it would work and it is worth it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics