Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/O Inviting Back

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 1:56 pm
So many people wonder if they should invite the other person back. Here's my question. How should I feel when people who invite me never take me up on my invitations. Excuses are they have too many people. But I love to cook.

Should I feel like they are not really my friends?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 1:59 pm
I'm one of those people who constantly hosts.
Here's the thing. One of my kids has issues and can act totally out of control by other people's houses so many times I just turn down invitations because I'm afraid he'll turn their house over or he'll sit and scream for 2 hours straight.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 3:00 pm
Right now with one kid I'll accept an invitation, but it's already difficult going anywhere that isn't babyproofed. I can see a stage where I might not want to go anywhere because of multiple small children who need supervision.

Also, when my baby was exclusively breastfed, it was a lot easier to eat at home where dh was setting the pace for the meal- he could lead some zmiros or a discussion about the Parsha while I was out of the room feeding the baby. At other people's houses, including family, I felt like I had to scarf down my food or hold up a course of the meal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette