Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Any Neko Atsume Players?

Fox

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 10:41 pm
Since my family won't let me have a real cat, I have to content myself with playing Neko Atsume. I'm down to my final three nekos, but I can't seem to attract them! Tubbs just keeps coming back and eating all the food!

Anyone else playing this game?

Rutabaga

Post Mon, May 30 2016, 11:31 pm
I had to resort to Google to figure out what you are talking about.

Would these help?

http://www.gameskinny.com/q4l2.....-cats

https://recombu.com/mobile/art.....guide

http://m.imore.com/neko-atsume.....-cats

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 1:06 am
DD is totally addicted to this game! I can understand why, it's totally adorable.

I'll ask her if she knows how to get the last three for you.

Sadie

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 1:10 am
I love Neko Atsume. What three cats are you missing?

A trick to keep Tubbs from eating all of your food is to put the cheap food outside and the expensive food inside. Tubbs won't go inside. If you see him sitting next to an empty bowl, don't refill it until he leaves. If you refill it, it drives him away somehow, and if you just let him sit he will leave a big tip.

Fox

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 9:43 am
Sadie wrote:
I love Neko Atsume. What three cats are you missing?

A trick to keep Tubbs from eating all of your food is to put the cheap food outside and the expensive food inside. Tubbs won't go inside. If you see him sitting next to an empty bowl, don't refill it until he leaves. If you refill it, it drives him away somehow, and if you just let him sit he will leave a big tip.

Brilliant! I'd checked most of the sites offering tips, but somehow I'd skipped right over the fact that Tubbs never goes inside.

I'm missing Frosty, Sapphire, and Jeeves. Apparently Sapphire and Jeeves always come together. They like the Tower of Treats and the Fairy Tale Parasol. Oh, and I've been putting out Ritzy Bits.

I probably shouldn't complain: my kitties are incredibly generous. When Tubbs visits, he always leaves 50+ silver fish, and Lady Meow-Meow keeps me well-supplied with gold fish.

I love the fact that Neko Atsume forces the player into a less action-oriented mindset. It's just like real cats -- you can't force them; you have to let them come to you!

Sadie

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 10:48 am
I've had the fairy tale parasol and the tower of treats both out for days and I haven't gotten Jeeves and Sapphire, and I have the luxurious hammock out but lady meow meow won't come! I've even been rotating all the fancy foods but no dice. Frosty has come for me with the snowy pillow, and I thought he would come for the blizzard tent but he hasn't!
I'm also missing Kathmandu. I actually like the regular cats better than the rare ones, even though I do want to collect them. My favorite rare cat is Xerxes IX.

ariellabella

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 11:19 am
Unfortunately and embarrassingly I am an expert.

For Jeeves/Sapphire, you need to use deluxe tuna. They come for bonito too, but not as often. The good news is that tubbs won't eat those foods so you can put them outside with no issues. Also, keep checking, and if any other cats are using the parasol or tower put it away and then back out. This will kick off the cats and make it available for J&S. Keep doing this until they come. I've also noticed they prefer the candy-themed remodel, but I have had them come in the zen one too.

For me, frosty always comes for the snowy pillow. I can't remember his food preferences, but I don't remember him being too picky.

Lady meow meow loves sashimi. Put that out near her fancy bed and she'll show up for you.

Any others? LOL

Fox

Post Tue, May 31 2016, 12:00 pm
That's my mistake -- I haven't been leaving out Deluxe Tuna!

I just bought the snowy pillow, so we'll see how that goes. I'd been trying to lure Frosty with the Blizzard Tent.

I've only had Kathmandu show up three times. I can only get him when I put out the Temari Ball and the Laquered Bowl at the same time.

It took me a long time to get Lady Meow-Meow, but now she comes whenever the Deluxe Hammock is out. She's also really generous.

For a long time, I couldn't figure out why the daily password (for free fish) changed around mid-morning. I mean, I wasn't obsessing over it -- it just seemed odd. Finally figured it out: 10 a.m. my time is midnight in Tokyo!

Shouganai, I guess!

Fox

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 12:19 pm
Yay! I got Sapphire and Jeeves. See -- I should have known to come to Imamother right away! I'd been putting out the wrong food.

Sadly, I didn't get pics for my cat album (also missing pics of Conductor Whiskers and Kathmandu, who seems to sneak in durinig the middle of the night), but that'll come.

Now I just need Frosty and a dozen or so mementos!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 12:23 pm
Fox wrote:
Yay! I got Sapphire and Jeeves. See -- I should have known to come to Imamother right away! I'd been putting out the wrong food.

Sadly, I didn't get pics for my cat album (also missing pics of Conductor Whiskers and Kathmandu, who seems to sneak in durinig the middle of the night), but that'll come.

Now I just need Frosty and a dozen or so mementos!

DD wants to know what "rares" you have. She has two so far, one of them is the lucky cat with the raised paw.

Fox

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 2:28 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
DD wants to know what "rares" you have. She has two so far, one of them is the lucky cat with the raised paw.

I've got everybody except Frosty.

Tell her to check out the websites Rutabaga mentioned. One of them has an actual chart of what each cat wants. There are also a couple of YouTube videos that give tips.

The most important thing to do is save your gold fish for a yard expansion. Once you have that, a lot more cats come, thus increasing the number of "gifts" you receive.

I love the little "gifts await" message. Not to get all philosophical, but I feel like it's a little reminder that all kinds of small, good things are out there. I actually saw it embroidered on a pillow, so I must not be the only one.

Am I correct in remembering that your DD is an anime fan? What are her favorites? Tell her Tante Fox says not to be too much of a weeaboo or otaku despite the temptation. She'll know what I mean!

Fox

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 12:17 pm
Yay! I collected all the kitties thanks to tips from savvy Imamothers! And now I know how to keep Tubbs from eating me out of house and Zen garden!

Now I just have to convince 20 kitties to bring me mementos.

But wait! What happens then? Do I win? Or do I just learn to appreciate the cats without having a specific goal in mind? That might be a little tough!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics