Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dermatologist in/ near Lakewood for warts on hand and face!

zcc

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 5:15 pm
I see some posts here but does anyone have anything else updated?
Dr tarlows next appointment is next Feb!

Anyone else that would be great!
Don't mind traveling if it's someone good.

Thanks!

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 6:15 pm
I went to Dr Kuflik for warts on hand and was satisfied. Don't know about face.

jflower

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 6:32 pm
I've successfully removed several warts on my hand by covering them with a bit of duct tape and then putting bandaids over the tape. It took about 2 weeks and they disappeared.

Never had to try this on my face. It might be worth a try using a sheer bandaid in a circle shape over the tape for a while. I once had to have a growth removed from my face & was walking around with a bandaid until it healed. So either way will involve some sort of covering.

Hatzlacha.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 7:00 pm
I was going to say Dr. Kuflik. I heard some people had success with wart removal.

There is also Dr. Shechter who is located all the way down route 9 (in Manalapan).

There is a group of dermatologists in Chop.

Why don't you call your pediatricians office and ask who they recommend?

zcc

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 9:21 pm
Thank u so much for all the responses
Anyone ever used schechter or chop that could tell me what their experience there was like?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 7:24 pm
I took my son to Dr. Schechter a few years ago to monitor a large beauty mark. He was pleasant and seemed experienced. He was recommended by my pediatrician.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 5:56 pm
OP - I'm wondering if you took your child to anyone for the warts and if they went away.

cbs880

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 7:30 pm
Im just going to post this here if it helps anyone:
I personally had issues with warts on my hands (one at a time) where I repeatedly went to a dermatologist and had them frozen off and they disappeared.
One day I saw a new one on my hand. Went to derm, Had it frozen. Reappeared, larger than before. Repeat story 3 times. Meanwhile I noticed I was getting little new ones popping up.
Tried everything under the sun. had them burned off. covered with duct tape . banana peels. OTC topical solutions.
Nothing helped and it was so hard to keep covered constantly bec it was my hand/frequent washing. not to mention embarrassing....
I kept hearing about Apple cider vinegar.Finally I decided to try it. Took a qtip and brushed wart with ACV at night every single night for abt 3 weeks (wart was big). ITS GONE!
ACV doesnt smell great but you can wash it off. Treatment takes a bit of time but def works and kills the virus that causes the wart.
My daughter also started to have some little bumps on her legs in clusters. Took her to a derm..they suggested a cream with cortisone and if it doesnt go away, they would cut them off. I took her home, dabbed ACV on her bumps each night. They disappeared. BH!
Think its the easiest, least painful and cheapest route to go.
be smart and try it first.
p.s. I recommend braggs brand. organic and the real thing.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 7:45 pm
cbs880 wrote:
Im just going to post this here if it helps anyone:
I personally had issues with warts on my hands (one at a time) where I repeatedly went to a dermatologist and had them frozen off and they disappeared.
One day I saw a new one on my hand. Went to derm, Had it frozen. Reappeared, larger than before. Repeat story 3 times. Meanwhile I noticed I was getting little new ones popping up.
Tried everything under the sun. had them burned off. covered with duct tape . banana peels. OTC topical solutions.
Nothing helped and it was so hard to keep covered constantly bec it was my hand/frequent washing. not to mention embarrassing....
I kept hearing about Apple cider vinegar.Finally I decided to try it. Took a qtip and brushed wart with ACV at night every single night for abt 3 weeks (wart was big). ITS GONE!
ACV doesnt smell great but you can wash it off. Treatment takes a bit of time but def works and kills the virus that causes the wart.
My daughter also started to have some little bumps on her legs in clusters. Took her to a derm..they suggested a cream with cortisone and if it doesnt go away, they would cut them off. I took her home, dabbed ACV on her bumps each night. They disappeared. BH!
Think its the easiest, least painful and cheapest route to go.
be smart and try it first.
p.s. I recommend braggs brand. organic and the real thing.

well, thanks but I just used the acv for about 2 weeks and all the warts are still there. I put the acv on almost every day and then covered all the warts (there are many) with band aids. I am dealing with about 30 warts all over the body. A few started to look infected and became too painful to apply the vinegar. I was hoping that by keeping them covered they would disappear. I think there are even more spots now. This is very frustrating. I read about tea tree oil. I'm wondering if it is even worth trying or if someone had good results with a dr. My child has multiple warts on almost all parts of the body.

farina

Post Sun, Jun 05 2016, 8:25 pm
I used Dr tarlow s office for warts on my sons face I know u said he has a long waiting list maybe u van ask for an appointment nit w him but w someone else in office who can do it and who doesn't have such a long wait. Hatzlocho
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics