Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Sprinlkles in Lakewood

sourstix

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 3:07 pm
Anyone tried it? Is it nice and big?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 3:09 pm
I've only been to the old one.

But on the topic of ice-cream, I took my DD to the new ice-cream kids place at Seagull Square during mid-winter break....and ate the most sinful ice-cream you have ever tasted there. Some kind of caramel-toffee flavor. yummmm.....

sky

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 3:56 pm
I've only been to the old one.

Is the place in Seagull square owned by the same people as Yismach Yisroel. Their ice cream is always amazing.

L K

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:15 pm
I-scream kids is the same people as his match yisrael. Awesome place and quite awesome ice cream )))

L K

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 5:26 pm
The new sprinkles has lots of ice cream, it's not huge but not small either. They actually have some tables that easily sit 8.

sourstix

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 6:12 pm
Yes I'm gonna try it yay can't wait yummmmmm

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 9:28 pm
We went to the new Sprinkles for the first time this week. It's not as big as the old one but there's room to sit.

SS6099

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 9:44 pm
Went last week. Kids loved the blue 'candy' flavored ice cream in cones. Ugh lol!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 9:48 pm
Yismach Yisroel has the best ice cream in town. The problem is that I live near sea gull square and the ice cream is more expensive there even if you are just going for ice cream.

Sprinkles is not the same as ice cream kids and they just opened a second location in Todd plaza but every time I buy their ice cream my kids spit it out and it ends up in the garbage. So I'm stuck now do I travel all the way down to Lexington with no parking for good ice cream or do I just go to sprinkles near me with great parking?

sourstix

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 9:59 pm
really? sprinkles probably has kleins and mehadrin ice cream how bad can that be? I mean what other heimishe companies are there anyway? I am just asking.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 10:10 pm
Ice cream kids or yismach Yisroel they are the same store has the best tasting ice cream. Try it. Sometimes for my kids birthdays I buy a cake there and I have never tasted such a delicious ice cream cake and we eat carvel. They also have the best caramel drinks and what I like about it is that there is no coffee in it at all so I can let my kids drink it.

Sprinkles ice cream has an after taste. But they have a nice store.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 9:46 am
sourstix wrote:
really? sprinkles probably has kleins and mehadrin ice cream how bad can that be? I mean what other heimishe companies are there anyway? I am just asking.

I heard that some places add other, cheaper ingredients to the mix. I don't know specifics, but hands down Yismach Yisrael icecream tastes richer and creamier.

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:02 am
Chayalle wrote:
I heard that some places add other, cheaper ingredients to the mix. I don't know specifics, but hands down Yismach Yisrael icecream tastes richer and creamier.
in the old store they also had unusual flavors like peach.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:14 am
debsey wrote:
in the old store they also had unusual flavors like peach.

Are you referring to Sprinkles or Yismach Yisrael?

I'm pretty boring about icecream flavors...chocolate, coffee, caramel, vanilla, and strawberry is enough for me. Smile

But I remember going to sprinkles once, and DD chose cotton candy and bubblegum. I felt sick (but hey, it's her icecream....)

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:16 am
sourstix wrote:

They purchase mixes and add other things to make the ice cream themselves.
If not mixed properly or the ingredients don't have the correct ratio of fillers the ice cream will not taste good.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:18 am
When I get a coffee icecream, I want to taste the richness of the coffee. Strawberry should have that sweet-tart strawberry taste. When all I taste is sugar...it's not what I was anticipating.

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 2:00 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Are you referring to Sprinkles or Yismach Yisrael?

I'm pretty boring about icecream flavors...chocolate, coffee, caramel, vanilla, and strawberry is enough for me. Smile

But I remember going to sprinkles once, and DD chose cotton candy and bubblegum. I felt sick (but hey, it's her icecream....)

Yismach Yisroel. If I'm getting plain old vanilla, Sprinkles is just fine (and closer to my house) but once the flavors are being mixed, the way Yismach Yisroel/Iscream does it is so much better. Plus I love unusual ice cream flavor. I miss the non-cholov-yisroel flavors of my youth - raspberry ripple, rum raisin, strawberry cheesecake, etc. So I appreciate it when Yismach Yisroel offers flavors that are a bit more out there, and the creaminess cannot be beat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics