Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
I have to put my cat down

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:24 am
My cat is almost 17, and we've had him since we were newlyweds.

He is in failing health and we believe he has an intestinal blockage. He is (covered because gross)
Hidden: 

vomiting up feces.

I have an appointment today at 2:30 with the vet. We have prepared our kids.

He really is 'my' cat. Even though we have 2 others, he is the one that sleeps with me every night. And like a baby, wakes me up every night.

Im at work right now, but keep bursting into tears.

I need hugs- even virtual ones.

Sadie

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:28 am
Many hugs! It's one of the hardest decisions we have to make. You're doing it out of love. You can be there to hold him so his last experience is feeling your love and comfort.

Fox

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:28 am
Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope whatever happens, he'll feel safe and comfortable. He's a very lucky kitty to have had such a long life and to have owned such wonderful people.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:47 am
Im so sorry.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 10:54 am
I'm sorry, that is so hard! When you take him in, wrap him in a shirt that you've worn recently. Your scent will help keep him calm and mask the scent of the vet's office.

Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 11:13 am
It's so hard. When I had to do it for my dog, I was haunted by the sound of his toenails which used to follow me.

You are doing this out of love because a cat lives in the moment and when they suffer in pain, they have no greater understanding.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 11:23 am
I'm so sorry, this must be so hard for you. You're doing the right thing but sometimes the right thing sucks. Its ok to grieve for a pet who brought so much comfort and happiness into your life, but don't feel guilty, because you did all you could. Hugs!

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 11:32 am
Sad Hug

sequoia

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 1:19 pm
I'm so so sorry. Hugs and love to you sweetie

greenhelm

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 1:31 pm
BTDT. Such a hard thing to do! Many hugs - you are doing the right thing for your kitty.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 1:41 pm
I'm sorry. This must be so hard.

Hugs.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 1:45 pm
I'm so sorry, must be really hard to lose a beloved kitty! 🐱💜

bigblueyes

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 2:07 pm
Im sorry:-(, that must really,really hurt.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 11:56 pm
my niece just had to do this with her kitty over the weekend since she had kidney failure - she was a teen when she got her ... [the vet made a house call]

it's heartbreaking ~ sometimes love is knowing how to help a pet die in peace

may your cat rest in peace in Kitty Heaven Hug

Happy 2B

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 9:54 am
Hug Hug :hug gre Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug en Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

simpleme

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 10:57 am
:hugs:
let yourself feel sad (or whatever other emotions)
maybe making a little photo book or scrapbook abt kitty (pictures...) will ease the pain when you are ready?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets