Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How long can raw chicken sit out

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 11:56 am
If I run to the grocery store during lunch and have my order delivered to my house - my order which will have chicken and salmon will be sitting outside my house for 3-4 hrs. Is that too long to have the food sitting out for?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:02 pm
That depends, are they fresh or frozen? How warm is your house? If the meat and fish are fresh, and your house is very warm, I would be worried, and I'm not a germaphobe. If they are frozen solid you should be OK for a few hours, but refrigerate them as soon as you get in the door.

Can you reschedule delivery, or pay a tip to the delivery person if they put the chicken and salmon in the fridge for you? If you have a camping cooler and some ice, you could leave instructions to have the meat and fish put in there.

CEF

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:02 pm
Depends on the weather I would say. If cool then no problem as it's wrapped, I think

PAMOM

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:34 pm
Well, food and health sites say less than 2 hours at room temperature for unfrozen food. The only way I'd do what you're suggesting is to use ff's suggestion of a cooler with ice.

cbg

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 12:44 pm
Ask them to deliver later
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen