Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Can you work with not defrosted flaky dough squares ?

Mevater

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 3:01 pm
Id like to bake flaky Cheese Danishes. I just bought it and I see the package says dont defrost. It says to put filling on frozen squares.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Whats the best technique and whats the best recipe for filling?

teddyb

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 3:04 pm
Search on you tube puff pastry four ways (posted by tasty) for recipes and easy but pretty ideas

rachelle613

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 3:04 pm
Saw this posted on another thread:

Decided to put it all together here instead:

Easy, Mini Cheese-Danishes

mini puff pastry squares

Filling:
2 (8oz) cont whipped cream cheese
1 (8oz) cont vanilla yogurt
1/2-3/4 cup sugar

Glaze:
Hot water
sugar
lemon juice (opt)

Brush squares with sugar water, lay filling diagonally down the middle and pinch two corners over the top leaving two corners open. Brush the top with the sugar water. Bake at 375 until just brown (make sure bottoms are baked) and immediately brush with sugar water again.

makes aprox 50 danishes

Mevater

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 4:49 pm

It seems that the manufacturer recommends NOT defrosting dough. Instructions say to put filling on frozen squares. I cant see how putting sugar water on the squares wouldnt ruin the dough.

Am I using a different dough than others?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 5:21 pm
Mevater wrote:

It seems that the manufacturer recommends NOT defrosting dough. Instructions say to put filling on frozen squares. I cant see how putting sugar water on the squares wouldnt ruin the dough.

Am I using a different dough than others?

I use these...just put them on your baking sheet frozen , separate each square of course and have space between them for puffing. Put your filling onto the frozen square once you are done scooping your filling into all of them , the dough should be more flexible and start defrosting slightly, enough for you to bend it and pinch it..however you plan on shaping it....Then pop it in the oven as soon as you are done prepping them. Preheat the oven before you start working. (I do an eggwash on top of the folded squares as well)

Mevater

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:19 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I use these...just put them on your baking sheet frozen , separate each square of course and have space between them for puffing.

Thanks.

Whats a good recipe for filling the cheese danishes?

fbmommy

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:22 pm
They need to be slightly thawed if you want the squares to either fold or stick together. If they thaw for too long the dough is too sticky. I usually separate the layers and leave on counter for 5-10 minutes so that the dough is workable.

Mevater

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:29 pm
Ive never used these before.
Each package makes 36 tiny cheese danishes?
How much filling do I need?
Would I need 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, or can I make half of the below recipe for 36 mini cheese danishes?

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/2.....sults

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Refrigerate before using to fill pastries prior to baking them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins