Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Labial adhesion

amother

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 7:11 pm
hi.
my dd had a checkup today and the dr said she had a labial adhesion. Then she manually opened it. When I read online about it, it said that you're not supposed to do that. Crying That it heals together again anyway. But she also told me that I should put vaseline there every day so that it stays separated.

Does anyone else have experience with this? What did you do? Should I call up and yell?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 7:26 pm
My dr said to do this too for dd, and I did. When it would be stuck, her "dirt" from her diapers would get in there and she would scream when I'd clean it bc it would hurt "in there", so also since I never doubted my dr in this AND bc I didn't want "dirt" getting into there and hurting her bc it was harder to clean out, I did it, and after a little while, it stopped going back together.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 7:32 pm
amother wrote:
My dr said to do this too for dd, and I did. When it would be stuck, her "dirt" from her diapers would get in there and she would scream when I'd clean it bc it would hurt "in there", so also since I never doubted my dr in this AND bc I didn't want "dirt" getting into there and hurting her bc it was harder to clean out, I did it, and after a little while, it stopped going back together.
and he also told us to put vaseline there...

amother

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 8:08 pm
My ped told me to use an estrogen cream for a couple of weeks to weaken the tissue and gently pull apart as much as I could without hurting her, if she let. Ususally she didn't let but he asid tha was ok too. It took less than 2 mos to go away The cream was premarin (an estrogen).

amother

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
and he also told us to put vaseline there...

same amother here, again...

When we did routinely separate them, they came apart quite easily in our case. She was not in pain, etc. I think this is why our dr. didn't prescribe a cream, bc it was easy enough to keep checking ~once a day to make sure they were separated.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 10:14 pm
My dd had it. I kept putting cream on, and it didn't stick back together.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 3:34 pm
I don't agree with the tearing open. The body will view it as a boo-boo and will try to heal itself. That is why it will get stuck again. All my girls had this tendency. It stops at around age 6 because the body starts producing more estrogen and it keeps the labia apart. So all you want to make sure is that the adhesion doesn't get so stuck that it hurts, or closes (almost)completely where urine cannot escape.

No medical science but this is what I did to help keep my child open:

oil bath every day:

Take the baby bath. Put it into tub. Fill with water. Gave child bath in water and added oil to it. I used whatever I had. olive, vitamin e, even safflower (it has estrogen in it I think). I used ONE. not all together. Had my dd soak for a bit. After the bath was over, I gently put more oil over general area of private area. Gently pull skin that is open together in open/close motion. Don't force skin that is stuck open. If you gently exercise the skin it will eventually open between 2-4 weeks on own. I did this every day. If kid starts to squirm, or looked like it was hurting, even a drop, I immediately stopped. Adhesions usually occur in warmer weather. There is more sweating, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics