Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Yapchik? or...?

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 2:18 am
So as we are keeping the oven on for 3 days I thought I'd make a hot lunch. Trouble is half the family do not like Cholent. So I found on here people talking about yapchik and I thought it might be a good alternative because it is dry. (I've never heard of this before).

Anyway... I bought gravy beef (shin beef, no bone) instead of flanken (ribs) (should have looked at a recipe first right?!) Anyway...will it work? And are you supposed to make a kugel or just put potatoes and onions? And really NO water?

Planning on doing it in the oven and having Fri night dinner on the plata so no issue of opening the oven to get out the food.

Will this work? Any more detailed instructions because I haven't a clue? Or any better ideas?

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 2:15 pm
Anyone??????

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 2:17 pm
The meat you have should work and it should work in a 225 oven as well. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus